Greatest guitarist

Giselle

Guest Toon Sarnie

Don't know enough about this stuff, But I like Weller and Clapton. Clapton has to be up there somewhere.

Oh and just for the crack, Slash. :punk:

i hate slash, his solos are so boring and shit and he is a twat too.

if I were to go for fave though, i would go for tom morello from rage against the machine, because his riffs and solos are so amazing and catchy, and have such power and fit the style of music so well. He is my FAVEEE. :D

Guest Toon Sarnie

i hate slash, his solos are so boring and shit and he is a **** too.

if I were to go for fave though, i would go for tom morello from rage against the machine, because his riffs and solos are so amazing and catchy, and have such power and fit the style of music so well. He is my FAVEEE. :D

Rage Against th Machine = Shouty student music. Would rather smack meself about the head with the guitar.

Frusciante is my favourite but I'd have to say its either Hendrix, Steve Vai or maybe, just maybe, Jimmy Page (because of this one freaking song). Hendrix was just revolutionary with the guitar and some of his songs are just absolutely awesome :thup: I run out of superlatives trying to describe Hendrix's music and the influence he had on the electric guitar. Did you know that he stuck nails into his guitar to create the distortion sound?! It was never an on-off flick for him and that is probably why he is the greatest guitar player ever (imo). Have to admit that Frusciante's riffs and solos aren't bad as well (imo obviously) and maybe if RHCP's next couple of albums are on par with Californication/BTW, he'll be one of the greatest in my book.

Guest Toon Sarnie

TBF it is a bit of an ambigous question. Surely the guys that play acoustic spanish guitar are really good as well? Do you mean popular music, lead guitar? you need to narrow this down a bit. :thup:

Rage Against th Machine = Shouty student music. Would rather smack meself about the head with the guitar.

WRONG :D

shouty? its rap, although tbf he does shout its hardly death metal :roll:

morello's guitar is amazing and the riffs are class, i would reccomend listening to some before you make statements like that.

slash: overrated to fuck, as are G'N'R, who are shite and boring imo.

Can anyone play 'Snow (hey oh)'? The song from the new RHCP album.. now THAT is how a guitar is supposed to be played.

I can play it, its fairly difficult to get the clarity to his level, and quite satisfying, but the enjoyment you get out of a morello riff is unparalelled IMO

Guest Toon Sarnie

morello's guitar is amazing and the riffs are class, i would reccomend listening to some before you make statements like that.

slash: overrated to ****, as are G'N'R, who are shite and boring imo.

Maybe in your little opinion, child. I have listenend to the music and find it atrocious. Each to their own.

TBF it is a bit of an ambigous question. Surely the guys that play acoustic spanish guitar are really good as well? Do you mean popular music, lead guitar? you need to narrow this down a bit. :thup:

aha, carlos santana is awesome (i know its not flamenco) and i love his music, but not one of my faves. technically people like tommy emmanuelle are way up there, and he also has alot of soul to his music, so it works well.

even if hendrix couldnt shred as fast as john 5, i still respect his music, and prefer it because of the soul. feeling means alot in guitar to me, and if a song is pure shred and technicality it gets only respect due to the speed, but it has no soul and no feeling.

slash: overrated to ****, as are G'N'R, who are shite and boring imo.

Maybe in your little opinion, child. I have listenend to the music and find it atrocious. Each to their own.

:lol: no need to get condescending, i maybe shouldnt have put "wrong", my statements still stand though.

That's the reason I don't want to narrow it down. I want ALL kinds of guitarists! :D

Guest Toon Sarnie

That's the reason I don't want to narrow it down. I want ALL kinds of guitarists! :D

Okey cokey, fella. tongue.gif

Guest Hibbits left foot

Hendrix Jeff Beck Uli Roth Roy Buchanan Danny Gatton Ritchie Blackmore Frank Zappa Michael Hedges Pat Metheny Allan Holdsworth BB King Nils Lofgren Buddy Guy Johnny Winter Albert King Stevie Ray Vaughan Curtis Mayfield Gary Moore Paul Rose Tommy Emmanuel Martin Simpson Eric Johnson etc Accept no substitutes!