The Matrix

Dave

What would you do?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Stay in the Matrix for the good things, but knowing that it's not real and your body is basically being raped for energy
    • Leave the Matrix and the good things, but know you're free and in control
    • 50 Cent

I'm just watching the second one again (which is shite :laugh:) and it made me think about the first one, specifically the turncoat guy who chooses to stay in the Matrix for the steak rather than live eating gruel in 'real' life.

If you had the choice, which would you prefer?

Ultimately, it made no difference. We thought, initially, that Neo could fly and shit because the world was just a simulation, but it turned out he could fly and shit anyway.

So you'd stay for the steak?

You would have to opt to leave the matrix.

I mean if you could learn kung fu and fly helicopters in a second you could just nip back in for a blast when you got bored, instead of playing cod. why go back in there forever when you can play worldwide gta?

I'd prefer to live in The Matrix ignorant of what was happening to me more than anything, as the real world seemed ridiculously grim. However living in the Matrix knowing that it was all bollocks wouldn't cut it as i couldn't take any relationship seriously as its not real. Although having a real relationship in a fucked up world where I'm probably not going to see 30 also would wind me up. Probably flip a coin tbh.

The Matrix is one of my favourite films. The second one was a bit of a waste of time but the third was OK. I reckon they could have rolled those two into one film and it would have been better.

It's a tough question, I can see how it's no fun being one of the freedom fighters if you're not Neo. I mean he can just stand there and stop bullets, you could actually die. If you didn't know it was 'not real' then why the hell not stay in there. You don't know different. If you did know you couldn't do much as the agents would sort you out so you didn't ruin it for the rest, so you'd have to be out.

I guess it would depend on how good your life inside the matrix was.

I was sitting in my hotel room last night watching the first one on ITV2. Not that I need to as I know the film word for word, I've seen it that many times.

I'm just watching the second one again (which is s**** :laugh:) and it made me think about the first one, specifically the turncoat guy who chooses to stay in the Matrix for the steak rather than live eating gruel in 'real' life.

If you had the choice, which would you prefer?

Also, he get's killed before getting to go back. I bet you anything them agents would have shafted him good and proper. Nobody likes a deserter. They'd have probably erased his memory and sent him back as aids infected crack addict, or worse, a mackem.

Guest firetotheworks

The first option. Much rather stay in a environment that I know isn't real for the good things, than be on one that may still not be reality without all the good things.

"Stay in the Matrix for the good things, but knowing that it's not real and your body is basically being raped for energy" - Contradiction...

Yeah, I realised that earlier. Basically, the choice is to stay out, or make the decision to go back with your memory wiped even though you now know it's all bollocks.

What a fucking concept The Matrix is, btw. Knowing that it was fake and that my body was in some kind of parallel universe - so to speak - would eat away at me if i was to stay. I'd have to grind it out i think.

I think anyone choosing to stay in the Matrix is an ignorant fool. /Plato

:aww:

The hell with that. Let's see how Plato feels about the matrix after spending a year trying to farm on rocks with a malnourished muscle free husk of a body.