Gary Megson Leaves Bolton - SSN

Guest neesy111

I'm not really fussed who goes down this year. There's so much rot that falls into the "contributes nowt" category; it's a really shoddy league nowadays from the Top 8 downwards. Except Hull, obvs, never a team who i'd love to see utterly fucking plummet more. Not bitter at all. :smug:

Gary Megson should be sacked long time ago. He has an unimpressive track record, his football tactic is nothing, his transfer history is so-so. In short, he is an impressive nothing manager.

Gary Cahill - £5M - Good long term business no doubt, but I don't rate him as high as others. I think he is one of those hardman-looking-but-that's-it defender in Dawson / Taylor mould.

Fabrice Muamba - £5M - Good long term business no doubt, but he is not the immediate solution Bolton needs.

Matthew Taylor - £4M - overpriced.

Johan Almander - £8M - unfortunately things did not work out

Riga Mustapha - unknown - he is an established top flight player from La Liga - why is him not playing for Bolton ?

Zat Knight - £4M - solid buy, not a bargain

Grétar Steinsson - £3.5M - solid buy, not a bargain

Mark Davies - unknown - good buy, but not an instant solution

Ivan Klasnić - Excellent loan deal

Tamir Cohen - £650k - excellent buy

Sean Davies - unknown - solid player

Danny Shittu - £2M - I thought he would be a good buy, but I was wrong as much as Megson

£32M minimum for 2 summers & 2 winters. Many of his buys are good for long term, but they are not thrift. Bolton can't afford to invest on long term when their immediate survival is at serious threat.

He was the wrong selection to begin with.

They signed him for less than 65k, let alone 650k.

Yeah, it was mentioned on MOTD recently.

How can you say Zat Knight is a solid buy for £4m but for the same price their most talented player (M.Taylor) is overpriced? :lol:

They signed him for less than 65k, let alone 650k.

Yeah, it was mentioned on MOTD recently.

How can you say Zat Knight is a solid buy for £4m but for the same price their most talented player (M.Taylor) is overpriced? :lol:

I stand corrected on Cohen's transfer figure.

And you are right, Knight I should have said overpriced.

Guest Roger Kint

Cahill is a very competent player with the ball at his feet, he's a lot classier than you'd think.

Dont fall for it mate, hes worse than a wum cos he beleives the shit hes saying, if he thinks he knows more than most PL managers PLUS Capello then hes been at the dog biscuits again ;D

Guest neesy111

Cahill is a very competent player with the ball at his feet, he's a lot classier than you'd think.

if bolton go down, we should go in for him

Guest Roger Kint

if bolton go down, we should go in for him

All the top sides will be after him, would be perfect for Liverpool or Citeh, maybe even Man Utd if Rio never gets fit ;D

I saw that Tony Pulis has said he would be happy to employ Megson to work alongside him. What a dream team that is. I bet Stoke fans are wanking themselves silly over the thought of the affect that will have on their style of play.

Cahill is superb.

MON's biggest transfer mistake (and he's made quite a few).

Gary Cahill - £5M - Good long term business no doubt, but I don't rate him as high as others. I think he is one of those hardman-looking-but-that's-it defender in Dawson / Taylor mould.

That's almost exactly what he isn't.

He's composed on the ball, happy to play it out of defence rather than punting it, doesn't panic under pressure, and has a knack of popping up to score at the other end. he's a classy defender rather than a clogger.

Can't believe I'm the only one who really wants Stoke to go down. Shit club.

I hate this "shit club" stuff (not having a pop at you, just in general).

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing cunts in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

What I hate is the dire, anti-football they play at the moment, but that's the current regime there. I have no beef with Stoke City the club, certainly not compared to people like Wigan, or Boro, or MK Dons, or god knows how many other clubs with a fraction of their history.

Can't believe I'm the only one who really wants Stoke to go down. Shit club.

I hate this "shit club" stuff (not having a pop at you, just in general).

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing cunts in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

What I hate is the dire, anti-football they play at the moment, but that's the current regime there. I have no beef with Stoke City the club, certainly not compared to people like Wigan, or Boro, or MK Dons, or god knows how many other clubs with a fraction of their history.

Fair enough. Tbh, I know next to nowt about their history, and I guess I should have said "shit team". Their main attacking outlet is throw ins for fucks sake :undecided:

Can't believe I'm the only one who really wants Stoke to go down. s*** club.

I hate this "s*** club" stuff (not having a pop at you, just in general).

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing c***s in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

I'm the other way to you. I couldn't give a fuck what they did 130 years ago. It's what a club has done the last 5-10 years that shapes how it is now.