Gary Megson Leaves Bolton - SSN

Guest neesy111

Can't believe I'm the only one who really wants Stoke to go down. s*** club.

I hate this "s*** club" stuff (not having a pop at you, just in general).

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing c***s in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

What I hate is the dire, anti-football they play at the moment, but that's the current regime there. I have no beef with Stoke City the club, certainly not compared to people like Wigan, or Boro, or MK Dons, or god knows how many other clubs with a fraction of their history.

I'm the other way to you. I couldn't give a fuck what they did 130 years ago. It's what a club has done the last 5-10 years that shapes how it is now.

God bless Wigan Athletic, in that case, then.

*wink*

I think it will definitely be Portsmouth and any two from the likes of Bolton, Hull, Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn.

I actually hope Blackburn go down because it would be funny passing Allardyce as we go up. See what he has to say about our mickey mouse club then.

Can't believe I'm the only one who really wants Stoke to go down. Shit club.

I hate this "shit club" stuff (not having a pop at you, just in general).

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing cunts in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

What I hate is the dire, anti-football they play at the moment, but that's the current regime there. I have no beef with Stoke City the club, certainly not compared to people like Wigan, or Boro, or MK Dons, or god knows how many other clubs with a fraction of their history.

Fair enough. Tbh, I know next to nowt about their history, and I guess I should have said "shit team". Their main attacking outlet is throw ins for fucks sake :undecided:

I agree.

Although against us the other day, they actually tried to play a bit of football. Tuncay was playing most of it, mind.

He's an underrated player.

I think it will definitely be Portsmouth and any two from the likes of Bolton, Hull, Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn.

I actually hope Blackburn go down because it would be funny passing Allardyce as we go up. See what he has to say about our mickey mouse club then.

We're playing Blackburn in the FAC tomorrow and apparently they've sold 315 tickets. I know it'll be a shit crowd all round - as we're playing them in the LC semis this week, too, but even so, that's quite poor.

They've apparently only sold 11,000 tickets for the LC semi at their place on Tuesday, too. That's a club in a bad way at the moment.

Incidentally, we asked them for 8,000 tickets, Blackburn said yes, but the police objected on the reason of trouble at that away fans pub last year (Fernhurst?) and - more ominously - "persistent standing" when we play there, and only allowed them to give us 5,000. So that's a LC semi final with a half empty ground.

That's my prediction for 2010. Away allocations cut regularly to punish standers.

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing cunts in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

I see your sentiment here Brummie,but surely,even with their history,you'd love Liverpool/Manchester United/Spurs to get relegated.And the vast majority of your lot thoroughly enjoyed our relegation without any aforethought to our history.Case closed.

I see your sentiment here Brummie,but surely,even with their history,you'd love Liverpool/Manchester United/Spurs to get relegated.And the vast majority of your lot thoroughly enjoyed our relegation without any aforethought to our history.Case closed.

Of course.

I don't think that makes them a "shit club", though.

I'd love Benitez to achieve his ultimate aim (well, I assume it is) of running Liverpool into the ground and getting them relegated. It wouldn't make them a shit club, though.

It'd make him a shit fat-arsed bell-end, mind.

Of course.

I don't think that makes them a "shit club", though.

I'd love Benitez to achieve his ultimate aim (well, I assume it is) of running Liverpool into the ground and getting them relegated. It wouldn't make them a shit club, though.

It'd make him a shit fat-arsed bell-end, mind.

He already is though...though by fortunately winning the Champions League,he has already created history.

Stoke, Everton and Hull would be perfect for me.

Can't believe I'm the only one who really wants Stoke to go down. s*** club.

I hate this "s*** club" stuff (not having a pop at you, just in general).

Stoke are the oldest club in the PL, and the second oldest professional club in the world. They're founder members of the Football League (although, obviously, that became a total irrelevance when some marketing c***s in shiny suits and coloured-framed glasses rebranded the league in 1992).

You hate the shit club stuff and then essentially say Wigan, Boro and MK Dons are shit clubs

I like Bolton, there's something to be said about small clubs that are able to survive so long in the Premiership (and getting the odd Europe qualification) with whatever weapons they can muster. And the much maligned Allardyce Bolton had people like Djorkaeff and Anelka playing for them... I liked how they mixed the physical approach with one or two really classy players on the pitch. Kevin Davies has been so underrated it's criminal, too. Can't believe people like Heskey or Vassell have piled up on England caps before him.

I like Bolton, there's something to be said about small clubs that are able to survive so long in the Premiership (and getting the odd Europe qualification) with whatever weapons they can muster. And the much maligned Allardyce Bolton had people like Djorkaeff and Anelka playing for them... I liked how they mixed the physical approach with one or two really classy players on the pitch. Kevin Davies has been so underrated it's criminal, too. Can't believe people like Heskey or Vassell have piled up on England caps before him.

:kinnear: They're a horrid club who've tortured the league with anti-football for years.

Wonder if he takes over he'll try mould Bolton into a decent side to watch as he had at Turf Moor

Hope he has more luck than Little Sammy. Anyone who gets rid of dinsaur football ala Stoke/Blackburn/us etc has my good wishes.