Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Seriously, am I the only one who's going to say this? Surely this is a wind up? :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

I'm sure this will mean that they are dropped from the league altogether though, I mean a winding up order means thats it, not even admin, going into admin would keep them alive as a business, but give them a 9 point deduction (9 points in the EPL) but a wind up order is like what happend to Gretna, and if that happens during the season then all of Portsmouth's games never happend, meaning that anyone gaining points against them will lose them, same applies for goals etc.

'Portsmouth are being sued by French side Lens over alleged unpaid transfer fees for striker Aruna Dindane and defender Nadir Belhadj.

Lens claim Pompey £40million in debt went back on a deal to buy £4m-rated Dindane permanently once he played 11 games and that they have also failed to keep up instalments for Belhadj's £4.2m move.

Lens president Gervais Martel said: 'We are taking action through the European football tribunals as well as civil courts.'

Pompey's woes were underlined with news that John Utaka is said to be on £80,000 a week but has scored only seven goals since he signed in 2007.

Legal action: Lens claim Portsmouth have failed to keep up with their payments for the transfer of Nadir Belhadj'

Guest neesy111

Seriously, am I the only one who's going to say this? Surely this is a wind up? :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

I'm sure this will mean that they are dropped from the league altogether though, I mean a winding up order means thats it, not even admin, going into admin would keep them alive as a business, but give them a 9 point deduction (9 points in the EPL) but a wind up order is like what happend to Gretna, and if that happens during the season then all of Portsmouth's games never happend, meaning that anyone gaining points against them will lose them, same applies for goals etc.

they are fucked and have been for fucking ages, they really should of went into administration last season tbh

'Portsmouth are being sued by French side Lens over alleged unpaid transfer fees for striker Aruna Dindane and defender Nadir Belhadj.

Lens claim Pompey £40million in debt went back on a deal to buy £4m-rated Dindane permanently once he played 11 games and that they have also failed to keep up instalments for Belhadj's £4.2m move.

Lens president Gervais Martel said: 'We are taking action through the European football tribunals as well as civil courts.'

Pompey's woes were underlined with news that John Utaka is said to be on £80,000 a week but has scored only seven goals since he signed in 2007.

Legal action: Lens claim Portsmouth have failed to keep up with their payments for the transfer of Nadir Belhadj'

If he'd scored more they'd have had to pay him more, not just that stupid basic. :lol:

err no it isnt. Football League clubs don't get shut down no matter how much people say it will happen.

They'll either pay it off or go in admin at the very worst, then probably come out of the other side better off. Cardiff had a winding up order a few weeks ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8416855.stm

What happens when a Winding Up Petition is issued?

If a winding up petition is issued against you, a court hearing will already have been arranged. Winding up a company in this way is also referred to as Compulsory Liquidation.

If you have not already sought the advice of a debt counsellor or licensed insolvency practitioner, you must do so now. You will be required to appear in court and, if you wish to address the court in any way, you must have legal representation.

If the winding up petition is successful, the court will order that an administrator be appointed to conclude your company’s affairs. Any creditors, including employees, HMRC and trade creditors, will be paid from the available funds, and at the end of the process, your company will be dissolved and will no longer exist.

So, given the court hearing will be in February that gives us about 6 weeks to sell enough players to pay off this debt, the club WILL NOT want to go into administation as there will be some big losers internally from this. Unfortunately it probably means that unless we can get investment, and by that I mean capital without massive interest rates attached, we will be forced to sell any player that moves, and relegation is almost certain.

Guest neesy111

err no it isnt. Football League clubs don't get shut down no matter how much people say it will happen.

They'll either pay it off or go in admin at the very worst, then probably come out of the other side better off. Cardiff had a winding up order a few weeks ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8416855.stm

no a winding up order, is past administration, administration is when administrator's are selling the club as a going concern, winding up order is to wind the club of it's asset's so the taxman get's his money

feel sorry for the fans tbh.

This, I said the same thing for Watford, no set of fans deserve to lose their team.

We weren't at any point looking as though we were going to lose our club, it was all posturing.

Guest neesy111

pompey are fucked imo, they've hardly got any players to sell ffs

no a winding up order, is past administration, administration is when administrator's are selling the club as a going concern, winding up order is to wind the club of it's asset's so the taxman get's his money

They need to come up with a new tactic then if clubs keep getting these winding up orders and carrying on.

Nobodys going out of business, haven't for 18 years but apparently there's one going to go every month. Stockport are in 1,000 times more shit than any PL club, having nothing to sell, don't own their ground - but they'll survive.