Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

feel sorry for the fans tbh.

This, I said the same thing for Watford, no set of fans deserve to lose their team.

We weren't at any point looking as though we were going to lose our club, it was all posturing.

The point I was trying to make is that no set of fans deserves to lose their team.

feel sorry for the fans tbh.

This, I said the same thing for Watford, no set of fans deserve to lose their team.

We weren't at any point looking as though we were going to lose our club, it was all posturing.

The point I was trying to make is that no set of fans deserves to lose their team.

Indeed. In fact, it was even pretty poor to see what happened to Luton (despite despising them).

Cardiff got out of it because they didn't owe the money, or some sort of technicality, I hope Portsmouth doesn't end up going out of business, not fair on the fans

Agreed, with one exception:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

Guest neesy111

I'm sure this will mean that they are dropped from the league altogether though, I mean a winding up order means thats it, not even admin, going into admin would keep them alive as a business, but give them a 9 point deduction (9 points in the EPL) but a wind up order is like what happend to Gretna, and if that happens during the season then all of Portsmouth's games never happend, meaning that anyone gaining points against them will lose them, same applies for goals etc.

err no it isnt. Football League clubs don't get shut down no matter how much people say it will happen.

They'll either pay it off or go in admin at the very worst, then probably come out of the other side better off. Cardiff had a winding up order a few weeks ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8416855.stm

no a winding up order, is past administration, administration is when administrator's are selling the club as a going concern, winding up order is to wind the club of it's asset's so the taxman get's his money

They need to come up with a new tactic then if clubs keep getting these winding up orders and carrying on.

Nobodys going out of business, haven't for 18 years but apparently there's one going to go every month. Stockport are in 1,000 times more shit than any PL club, having nothing to sell, don't own their ground - but they'll survive.

one thing though, pompey's debt is huge and they owe so many other clubs, total debt is apparently 70m with a wage bill round the same size, ridiculous in my eyes

the premier league has been monitoring their finances for over 2 years now

Cardiff got out of it because they didn't owe the money, or some sort of technicality, I hope Portsmouth doesn't end up going out of business, not fair on the fans

Since he is called Portsmouth Football Club, does that mean he has to sell all of his assets?, and if they still owe money and go bust, odes that then mean that he has to be killed?

The first thing they should sell is that fucking bell he rings. I'll give them a fiver for it.

Guest toonlass

The problem that Pompey has is nothing to do with what it owes other clubs, its to do with it owing the Taxman money. Inland Revenue are not going to let them fuck about trying to pay off any debts to them.

He owns a bookshop, I can get you the address if you want.

Why would I want the address?  I'm not going to drive to Portsmouth.  I'm guessing its an adult book shop.

No, it's a proper bookshop. I dunno, you might want to buy some books.

It's Redknapps fault, he's ruined them.

As much as I'd like to blame the saggy faced c***, someone else sanctioned the transfers and wrote the cheques.  :undecided:

Or not as the case may be. :lol:

And with that money he bought a number of players who the club sold on at a huge profit.

The club has had a disastrous series of ownership changes (arguably worse than us) but fundamentally it is not equipped to be in the Premiership, the ground only holds about 20,000 people is the first of many problems they have.

Guest neesy111

The problem that Pompey has is nothing to do with what it owes other clubs, its to do with it owing the Taxman money. Inland Revenue are not going to let them fuck about trying to pay off any debts to them.

that's correct, but oweing clubs money isn't going to help at all

obviously if they go into liquadation the taxman rightly get their money first

Guest toonlass

This is literally insane, the idea that one of the 20 most successful clubs in the country can go bust just shows how crazy the spending and debt in the game (and society) has become. It can't last forever, all these companies making massive losses.

Its because of WHO they owe the money to, not the amount they owe that they are in the shite.