Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Guest toonlass

Thought Portsmouth said it was a bank error?

They did. That was their story on Thursday. Apparantly a small number of their fans protested after the game today.

Guest Phil K

I wonder whether any of the Portsmouth players are able to claim breach of contract over this and walk away. :dontknow:

No, it has to reach a certain number of week unpaid before they can f*** off for nowt.

The money the Prem football player can earn, they could go a year unpaid and not experience financial problems !

Guest toonlass

I wonder whether any of the Portsmouth players are able to claim breach of contract over this and walk away. :dontknow:

No, it has to reach a certain number of week unpaid before they can f*** off for nowt.

The money the Prem football player can earn, they could go a year unpaid and not experience financial problems !

Bullshit, they will have money going out relative to the money coming in.

Guest Phil K

Understand your point, but don't agree.

How much would you need to ge going out if you're on £40,000 a week ?

And many are on a lot more.

Many have other incomings - some get a LOT more than their weekly earnings from outside sponsorship etc.

Guest toonlass

Understand your point, but don't agree.

How much would you need to ge going out if you're on £40,000 a week ?

And many are on a lot more.

Many have other incomings - some get a LOT more than their weekly earnings from outside sponsorship etc.

You obviously missed the newspaper story about Oba always being overdrawn while at Newcastle then.

Its not just the big stars tho, its the younger and fringe players and also the backroom staff who will be affected.

Guest Phil K

You obviously missed the newspaper story about Oba always being overdrawn while at Newcastle then.

Its not just the big stars tho, its the younger and fringe players and also the backroom staff who will be affected.

I did miss it - amazes me, how they can waste so much money.

Hell, many of them aren't even buying a home either and have flats rented for them too

Jesus. Another world...

I like Oba a lot, but I find it sickening he can spend that much money in a week.

Joey had a point with his midweek interview on players being out of touch with reality and probably drew his conclusions from oba if thats what he spent a week

I like Oba a lot, but I find it sickening he can spend that much money in a week.

Joey had a point with his midweek interview on players being out of touch with reality and probably drew his conclusions from oba if thats what he spent a week

I imagine the large majority of them waste most of what they earn. When you're growing up from a young age making that much, money isnt going to hold much value to you. They likely develop expensive tastes for everything & that becomes their norm. Im sure its very easy to find things to spend it on. Only those with good people around them keeping them grounded might be a bit more sensible with it. Theyre generally going to be surrounded by eachother though.

Just been thinking about these idiots, how the fuck do you get taken over twice and still have no money? Their TV money has been used to pay back clubs they owe money to, which is pretty rough when you think about it. Their players on loan are all trying to get out of the deals, O'Hara's 6 month loan has expired and they can't re-sign him because of the embargo, it's just a massive state. I know Ashley's a cunt and all that but at least he made a point of paying off the debts*

*So he says.

I dont think they will be wound up but I do think they will end up in Administration, be docked points, lose most of their squad and will have to play the remainder of the season with also rans and youth team players until relegated.

They will be the next Leeds, dropping through the divisions like a stone. They should thanks Harry and Storrie for all this mess they are in.

I dont think they will be wound up but I do think they will end up in Administration, be docked points, lose most of their squad and will have to play the remainder of the season with also rans and youth team players until relegated.

They will be the next Leeds, dropping through the divisions like a stone. They should thanks Harry and Storrie for all this mess they are in.

why harry ?

Agreed to a certain extent. However, these days, managers have to work to budgets and they are the ones who recommend players to the board to sign.

i don't think the budget thing is real in that i doubt many managers are told "we have 30mill to spend". signings are a business decision and that means wages and 'extras' aswell as the headline grabbing fee. once the CEO thinks they are spent up but a bargain is identified that is a good business decision (player at the end of contract who'd be worth a lot more under contract,player who will merchandise well etc) then they will try whatever they can to find the cash to get them.

Agreed, there are many things that attribute to over spending and we have had our fair share of that. Things like desperation spring to mind and trying to enforce a quick solution.

I have no doubts that clubs put themselves in jeopardy by over spending but it is now a cut throat business, trying to"keep up with the joneses" so to speak.

Portsmouth probably thought they could build on their FA cup win. I feel sorry for their fans because they have been promised much only to find the club has been run into the ground. Much like us really.

Agreed, there are many things that attribute to over spending and we have had our fair share of that. Things like desperation spring to mind and trying to enforce a quick solution.

I have no doubts that clubs put themselves in jeopardy by over spending but it is now a cut throat business, trying to"keep up with the joneses" so to speak.

Portsmouth probably thought they could build on their FA cup win. I feel sorry for their fans because they have been promised much only to find the club has been run into the ground. Much like us really.

aye, but where as we can blame souness for wasting a good bit of money (and i'm not including owen there as at that time i didn't see it as a waste) pompey shouldn't blame harry for being allowed to build a decent squad on tick.

Well, I think that is where the blame is being put. He was quick to leave when it was obvious the going was getting tough and I wouldnt be surpised at all if there was limited funding available to him at Spurs in the next window or two due to the substantial funds he has spent already there. Unless clubs get into the CL or have rich owners, they cannot sustain such heavy spending in this day and age. To this extent, Portsmouth officals and Harry should have been responsible enough to realise they were living well beyond their means and that disaster was only just around the corner. He jumped ship and look at the club now.

The same thiong is happening at the likes of Hull, Wigan and may even happen at the mackems if the yank jumps ship there.

Well, I think that is where the blame is being put. He was quick to leave when it was obvious the going was getting tough and I wouldnt be surpised at all if there was limited funding available to him at Spurs in the next window or two due to the substantial funds he has spent already there. Unless clubs get into the CL or have rich owners, they cannot sustain such heavy spending in this day and age. To this extent, Portsmouth officals and Harry should have been responsible enough to realise they were living well beyond their means and that disaster was only just around the corner. He jumped ship and look at the club now.

The same thiong is happening at the likes of Hull, Wigan and may even happen at the mackems if the yank jumps ship there.

To be fair to Redknapp (not something I want to make a habit of) - if you were him and had just managed Portsmouth to an FA Cup win, then the owners start looking shaky and then a high profile club like Spurs taps you up. What would you do? He wasn't going to take Pompey any further. And he did use the money he was given there pretty effectively. In the end the club made very good profits when they sold the likes of Johnson, Defoe and Diarra.