Home Delivery Network Limited

Dave

DHL were quite canny, just missed them and they put a card through the door with the delivery driver's mobile number on it, phoned him and he was still in the area and came back with it.

Hate these twats who don't do redeliveries and have an office on some industrial estate in the middle of fucking nowhere they expect you to trapse to though.

DHL were quite canny, just missed them and they put a card through the door with the delivery driver's mobile number on it, phoned him and he was still in the area and came back with it.

Hate these twats who don't do redeliveries and have an office on some industrial estate in the middle of fucking nowhere they expect you to trapse to though.

I think HDNs is in deepest Sunderland. Had to drive all the way through to passing Roker *spits* to get it, and no fucking cunt at the office even answered the door.  :angry:

http://www.rentokil-initial.com/press/i/m/city-link-van.jpg

This lot are about as useful as a paper staircase too.

Had to pick up a parcel from there before. Only it went to the Durham one instead of the Gateshead one.

Royal Mail at least offer a nice free weekend delivery service and the depot is only walking distance anyway.

It's spending an hour picking it up (from depots that are only open during office hours) or paying £15 for Saturday delivery that pisses me off. We bought something for my lasses dad for Christmas and it ended up in Durham with HDNL or DHL. The present had only cost £12 in the first place, we never even bothered to pick it up.

Had to pick up a parcel from there before. Only it went to the Durham one instead of the Gateshead one.

Aye, I ordered a new pair of cordless house phone things for my dad's Christmas last year - got sent to the Gateshead depot, a mate drove me down there, only for them to tell me they'd just given them to someone else who had shown up and their similar product hadn't arrived.

Safe to say I kicked up a massive fuss, and threatened taking them to consumer court and all this (I was never going to do that btw, too much like hard work :lol:) before they rang some other place which had them in stock and said I could pick them up for free from there and they would sort the cost out with them.

Aye, I ordered a new pair of cordless house phone things for my dad's Christmas last year - got sent to the Gateshead depot, a mate drove me down there, only for them to tell me they'd just given them to someone else who had shown up and their similar product hadn't arrived.

Safe to say I kicked up a massive fuss, and threatened taking them to consumer court and all this (I was never going to do that btw, too much like hard work :lol:) before they rang some other place which had them in stock and said I could pick them up for free from there and they would sort the cost out with them.

Wtf? :lol:

Late delivery?

1. Originally I was told the delivery would come on Wednesday.

2. Tuesday morning I got a text saying it was coming that day, between 12pm and 3pm. Website said 'out for delivery'.

3. It never turned up, website said 'returned to depot' - got no update.

4. This morning it was out for delivery again - got no update.

5. It never turned up.

6. Website now says it's been delivered.

Where to? Fuck knows.

Oh, and there are two numbers on their site; one asks for the calling card reference number or nothing happens. The other is for general queries, and guess what? Yes, it asks for the calling card reference number or nothing happens.

Guest Heneage

I'm not a huge fan of the post office either when it comes to delivering things, I had to pay some weird customs charges on two tee-shirts and instead of just getting me to pay on delivery they made me trapse to the Belmont depot, luckily my Dad was ok to do it, but £20 was a bit excessive. . DHL are the best I've used to date, but their prices for sending are a bit too high for me, especially sending stuff to mainland Europe. What do Play.com use? Just a mate of mine ordered Fifa before Christmas well before in fact, and it came on boxing day.

Although I'm not a fan of the Post Office, they did get me my Headphones within 48 hours, which I guess I can't argue.

DHL are the best I've used to date, but their prices for sending are a bit too high for me,

When it comes to logistics / delivery services, right there is the key. You get what you pay for.

Of course that applies to all if not most things in life. I work in logistics and these people drive me to distraction every single day.

Play.com always seem to deliver really quickly for me.

Whenever I have ordered something and the delivery company have fucked about I go to the company I ordered from and send them a pissy email telling them I am going to cancel the order, they then get in contact with the delivery company and get it sorted.

The delivery don't give a fuck about you but they tend to give a fuck about the company giving them the business.

Late delivery?

2. Tuesday morning I got a text saying it was coming that day, between 12pm and 3pm. Website said 'out for delivery'.

5. It never turned up.

Where to? Fuck knows.

Oh, and there are two numbers on their site; one asks for the calling card reference number or nothing happens. The other is for general queries, and guess what? Yes, it asks for the calling card reference number or nothing happens.

Buy things from shops FTW.

Late delivery?

5. It never turned up.

Where to? Fuck knows.

Buy things from shops FTW.

There was an option to collect it myself; I should have done that.

Play.com always seem to deliver really quickly for me.

Whenever I have ordered something and the delivery company have fucked about I go to the company I ordered from and send them a pissy email telling them I am going to cancel the order, they then get in contact with the delivery company and get it sorted.

The delivery don't give a fuck about you but they tend to give a fuck about the company giving them the business.

I ordered some of these from play last year

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/157-6755304SPA69UC472342M.jpg

and they sent me.......

http://www.hardwaresphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/iolympic-wastebasketball-trully-sporty.jpg