Another 'Best of' thread: Goal of the Decade

Neil

Guest firetotheworks

Still think had Zola, Bergkamp or Henry scored that overhead backheel against Fulham it would have went down in Premier League history.

???

Guest firetotheworks

Still think had Zola, Bergkamp or Henry scored that overhead backheel against Fulham it would have went down in Premier League history.

???

The Robert one.

Ah, yeah. I just came back to edit it. I knew it, just forgot it was against Fulham.

Guest firetotheworks

has to be van Persie against Charlton for me

Thats not even on the list  :frantic:

You're right though.

To think that that's not on and Bentley's is. Beggars belief.

Guest firetotheworks

How can Figueroa v Stoke be on there, and not Van Persie v Charlton? Joke.

Figueroa's is easily worthy of the list. Bentley's isn't mind.

How can Figueroa v Stoke be on there, and not Van Persie v Charlton? Joke.

Figueroa's is easily worthy of the list. Bentley's isn't mind.

Bentley's isn't either, but Figueroa's is not that rare. You see a couple of goals from quick free kicks from own half a season across Europe. Also, I think it is easier to score such a goal in a dead ball situation. It was a good effort, but not deserving of anything like the tag goal of the decade.

Another more deserving contribution that is missing is Essien's v Arsenal.

Was never that impressed by either Bergkamps or Di Canio's.

Figueroa's probably wins

I guess it is a question of taste, but Bergkamp's is so much more unique and a perfect combination of strength, technique and creativity I find Figueroa's pales into comparision. It's almost something anybody could do on a good day..

Guest firetotheworks

Bergkamps is quick thinking to me, thats the main thing im impressed by. I dont see it as being an especially hard piece of skill to pull off though, just one that most wouldnt even think to do.

I dunno like, I think putting backspin on a ball coming towards you with your instep with a defender on your back and the ball coming in at pace and bobbling, whilst planning to run around the other side of the same defender, hold him off, to meet the ball perfectly and then score past one of the best shot stoppers in the PL is gonna be a pretty difficult thing to pull off tbf.