Another 'Best of' thread: Goal of the Decade

Neil

Had another watch of Bergkamps. I remembered it being a lot simpler than what i just watched  :lol:

Thought he just knocked it round using outside of his right as it was going along the floor. Great technique if he meant to do that tbf.

Bergkamp scored a goal at Leciester that same season which I felt was better still. It was similar to the one he got for Holland against Argentina in a World Cup QF.

Ball dropped over his shoulder, controlled it perfectly first time, flicked it back over and first time hit. Phenomenal technique.

Bergkamp scored a goal at Leciester that same season which I felt was better still. It was similar to the one he got for Holland against Argentina in a World Cup QF.

Ball dropped over his shoulder, controlled it perfectly first time, flicked it back over and first time hit. Phenomenal technique.

The man himself agrees with you (Leicester better than vs us), but I don't personally. He feels the one v Argentina is the best of his career, and I have to agree with him there..

David Bentley. :lol:

If Almunia wasn't so shit, the 'keeper would've just catched it.

Shouldn't even be considered for a goal of the month award, let alone the goal of the decade.

There are some good goals there, though.

I like Matty Taylor's against the mackems, tbh.

The man himself agrees with you (Leicester better than vs us), but I don't personally. He feels the one v Argentina is the best of his career, and I have to agree with him there..

Yeah if we are going to include International goals ( I had assumed that we were thinking of domestic ), the goal v Argentina may go down as his best. Had me jumping out of the chair.

Yeah if we are going to include International goals ( I had assumed that we were thinking of domestic ), the goal v Argentina may go down as his best. Had me jumping out of the chair.

No, this thread is about Premiership only I believe, but Bergkamp was asked to comment on this goal being chosen as the best of Arsenal's decade by the Arsenal fans, and he came out saying he liked the one vs Leicester more, and the one vs Argentina (for Holland) was the best of his career.

Di Canio's is so overrated it's beyond a joke.

Go on and try it next time you play football, mate.  :lol:

Robert V Fulham not being there is a sick joke..... especially with Bentley's inclusion.... :facepalm:

Van Persie V Charlton was even better than Di Canio's, imo.

Nah. Poetry in motion that, never have I seen a footballer so completely in control at all times of something so stunningly difficult. Up there with Bergkamp against against Argies in making something that difficult look so simple and beautiful. Love that goal.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd say Bergkamp's. He mightn't have meant that first touch to go where it did, but he reacted so quickly when he realised where he'd put the ball that he made the goal regardless.

DARE YOU QUESTION DENNIS!?

Guest firetotheworks

was trevor sinclair's overhead kick for west ham this decade? or am i getting myself confused?

:lol:

Aye, just a bit. That was 94/95 or 95/96 I think.

Nah. Poetry in motion that, never have I seen a footballer so completely in control at all times of something so stunningly difficult. Up there with Bergkamp against against Argies in making something that difficult look so simple and beautiful. Love that goal.

you think ronaldo would appreciate these things? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

was trevor sinclair's overhead kick for west ham this decade? or am i getting myself confused?

:lol:

Aye, just a bit. That was 94/95 or 95/96 I think.

Your thinking of the one he scored for QPR, I think.

Hmm, I am. I dont remember him scoring an overhead kick for West Ham at all.  :undecided: