FA Cup 4th Round Draw - West Brom (a) if we beat Plymouth

Guest michaelfoster

Bar the final, there are specific weekends set aside for games. It's not like it'd be getting in the way of the league anyway.

If our players can't cope with an extra three or four games, they shouldn't be f***ing professional footballers anyways.

Very good point. They are professional footballers and it should be upto them and the coaches to get them fit enough to cope with the schedule. It isn't as though Leeds have great strength in depth either and they are in a similar position to us.

Key word, we have struggled with fitness for f***ing years. What is suddenly going to change in the next few months?

That is why I used the word 'should'.

and in should land we have a midfield able to compete, infact fuck that we are in the Premiership because Ashley should have done more to keep us up.

What is the point on speculating about stuff we KNOW isn't going to happen?  :undecided:

does that mean we can't start talking about Alan Smith scoring a winning Hat Trick at Wembley in May and lifting the cup?  :-X

Guest Stephen927

Bar the final, there are specific weekends set aside for games. It's not like it'd be getting in the way of the league anyway.

If our players can't cope with an extra three or four games, they shouldn't be f***ing professional footballers anyways.

Very good point. They are professional footballers and it should be upto them and the coaches to get them fit enough to cope with the schedule. It isn't as though Leeds have great strength in depth either and they are in a similar position to us.

Key word, we have struggled with fitness for f***ing years. What is suddenly going to change in the next few months?

and in should land we have a midfield able to compete, infact f*** that we are in the Premiership because Ashley should have done more to keep us up.

What is the point on speculating about stuff we KNOW isn't going to happen?  :undecided:

does that mean we can't start talking about Alan Smith scoring a winning Hat Trick at Wembley in May and lifting the cup?  :-X

Too much positivity in this post, get out.

and in should land we have a midfield able to compete, infact fuck that we are in the Premiership because Ashley should have done more to keep us up.

Yeah that's a good one  :laugh:

'Good cup run' - ie getting just far enough to dare to dream and then getting dumped out. Not quite the morale booster some assume, I certainly didn't walk out of wembly last time grinning and saying 'wow, what a great cup run.'

'Good cup run' - ie getting just far enough to dare to dream and then getting dumped out. Not quite the morale booster some assume, I certainly didn't walk out of wembly last time grinning and saying 'wow, what a great cup run.'

Would you rather we got knocked out in the 3rd round??

Guest Phil K

Certainly don't want mackems.  I don't wish for humiliation.

Oh I dunno though.

They seem to be slowing down dramatically after some great home wins.

Like a car running to a stop without petrol.

Oh I dunno though.

We have been pushing the car all season though.

Guest Stephen927

Oh I dunno though.

In that scenario, Newcastle United will be the mate who turns up with a spare tank of petrol in his boot.

No but your fans have the chance to travel to places they've never been to before, have some amazing times and have a dream of F.A.Cup glory. Tranmere was one trip for me which I'll never forget, because it's highly unlikely i'll go there again and when we did we won and 3,000+ Geordies were singing "Sing in the cow shed...moooooo".

We are an underdog to a lot of teams now we are the top dog to many also, why can't we dream of going to somewhere shit like Brighton in the next round and then beating Chelsea in the 5th round?

We might not be the team we once were, but we can still strive to be. Without optimism and ambition what would any club ever be? That's right, someone like Wigan.

It was also straight after the heart breaking night in Lisbon where the team just rolled over and died.

Would you rather we got knocked out in the 3rd round??

I'd like us to win every game but no matter what round you get knocked out in it's still a gutter and you still win the same trophy, sweet FA.

Guest Phil K

Oh I dunno though.

In that scenario, Newcastle United will be the mate who turns up with a spare tank of petrol in his boot.

LOL ! Nice one !

Typical Newcastle, yep !

Probably get ripped to shit for this, but the ideal scenario would be an away game to a Premiership team who won't humiliate us, but who'll definitely beat us - we'll be okay, won't disgrace ourselves... and we can rightly put the competition to bed for this year and concentrate on the things that actually matter.

There's a lot of shite still in this (yes, us included..), home to Brighton or Accrington/Gillingham would suit me, so if we beat Plymouth we can play a mix of youth and non-regulars again.

Aye that'd be alright like. Be good to see a reserve side get some first-team action.

Guest Phil K

Probably get ripped to s*** for this, but the ideal scenario would be an away game to a Premiership team who won't humiliate us, but who'll definitely beat us - we'll be okay, won't disgrace ourselves... and we can rightly put the competition to bed for this year and concentrate on the things that actually matter.

Keep thinking that, but would still get the traditional yearly devastation when (notice not "if" !) we go out.

Ok lets talk about Morale, say we get Chelsea who hammer us 6-0. Hardly going to give the lads a boost is it?

Why don't we go and play in league 2 where we would never get beat then? How about moving to the SPL? We are Newcastle United, not fuckin Wigan. We should play competitions and attempt to win them. Even if we don't we should give it a good go. Id rather that than just existing like some of the pathetic clubs who's sole aim is to survive in the Prem.

I want to go as far as possible in the Cup. Why not? Okay it offers a risk of injury, but regardless of a FA Cup run we SHOULD still go up. Look at today and Leeds win at Old Trafford, shocks can happen. How great would it be to draw the mackems at the SOL and knock them out? There is always that chance that you'll take a kicking but I don't think Leeds fans were thinking about that before kick off today.

Ok lets talk about Morale, say we get Chelsea who hammer us 6-0. Hardly going to give the lads a boost is it?

Why don't we go and play in league 2 where we would never get beat then? How about moving to the SPL? We are Newcastle United, not fuckin Wigan. We should play competitions and attempt to win them. Even if we don't we should give it a good go. Id rather that than just existing like some of the pathetic clubs who's sole aim is to survive in the Prem.

:thup:

*Cringe*