ITV planning to bring back the Crystal Maze

Skeletor

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a193669/holden-to-front-new-crystal-maze.html

Cult gameshow The Crystal Maze is to be revived by ITV, a report has claimed.

The new show will have a similar format to the '90s classic but feature Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden as host, according to The Sun.

It is also thought that celebrity contestants will tackle the difficult puzzles and physical challenges rather than members of the public.

:facepalm:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a193669/holden-to-front-new-crystal-maze.html

Cult gameshow The Crystal Maze is to be revived by ITV, a report has claimed.

The new show will have a similar format to the '90s classic but feature Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden as host, according to The Sun.

It is also thought that celebrity contestants will tackle the difficult puzzles and physical challenges rather than members of the public.

:facepalm:

:thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: What a way to piss all over my childhood. I loved Crystal Maze.

Guest elbee909

I'm fed up of all this rose-tinted retro-revival bollocks.  I fully expect Hitler to be revived in the name of nostalgia in the next year or so, perhaps have him eating worms on I'm a Celebrity etc.

Guest guinness_fiend

I think the more offensive part is that it's going to be a show for the Z-list to keep their faces on TV for a little while longer.

This.  Whatever happened to normal people just going on gameshows for a giggle (excluding Wipeout).

Do Itv only employ about 9 celebs who they rotate on more or less every show:

Holden

Kay

Morgan

Etc.

Not as bad as the BBC's christmas lineup wholly consisting of David Tennant, Catherine Tate, James Corden and Larry Lamb

/regurgitated from Ian Hyland, Yesterdays Mirror.

Crystal Maze good.

ITV bad.

Dave = TW*T.  That bloody cursor of yours, I've just noticed it......initially thought the IT people had accessed my profile and were keeping tabs on what exactly my idea of 'work' is.  :lol:

Yup, had me worried for a second or two.

Thanks to the glory of Challenge TV, I must have seen every single episode of Crystal Maze over the last couple of years.

Why do they feel the need to screw with classic programmes. Bring it back by all means but why the need for celebrities to be involved. What's wrong with finding a load of gormless city types or leisure centre workers like they did in the early 90's. And Holden? Really. It needs to be somebody quirky and humerous, Noel Fielding from Mighty Boosh would be a good choice.