Darksiders

Elric

Pretty good game actually, 'dungeon' puzzles and exploration remind me a lot of Zelda. Combat seems to be a mixture between Devil May Cry and God of War, even got a Panzer-Dragoon esque section (lasts about 4 minutes) that reminded me of playing on my mate's Saturn. Bout halfway through now, I'd recommend it, only slight annoyance is some frequently occurring v-sync issues. Had no idea one particular character was Mark Hamill's voice 'til I read the Eurogamer review (got an 8/10 there).

Ok, now Portal can be added to the list of games Darksiders has cribbed ideas from :lol:

This is no bad thing though, all the 'borrowed' gameplay elements work really well. Nearly finished at about 17 hours in, still good :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

Not really that impressed with it. Was hoping to complete it and trade it in, doubt it will get completed, finding it a bit too hard and hectic. Really isn't a quality game imo, just hack n slash, finishing moves copied from GOW, stupid storyline, lengthy levels, crappy save points, same repetitive shit over and over again. How many swords do i have to collect to put in statues? Dear me, can we not think of something else, i've been doing this for the last 3 hours.

Ugh.

5.5/10 - really not my type of game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just picked this up recently (fiver second hand from Game) and really enjoying it so far. Yes it rips from Zelda, God of War etc but they put it all together into a really good game. About 6 hours in so far.