If you were Owen Coyle, would you leave Burnley to manage Bolton?

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

However then, why not Celtic ? Europe is an excellent place to showcase himself ?

Yes if does well there he could get a job at...Boro.

What's the holdup here? stupid if they wont pay 3m for a manager when they paid 4.5m for Zat Knight.

However then, why not Celtic ? Europe is an excellent place to showcase himself ?

Yes if does well there he could get a job at...Boro.

What's the holdup here? stupid if they wont pay 3m for a manager when they paid 4.5m for Zat Knight.

Or Villa.

O'Neill had already had years of success in the Premiership.

McLeish did well at Rangers and with Scotland and he only got a job at Birmingham.

O'Neill had already had years of success in the Premiership.

McLeish did well at Rangers and with Scotland and he only got a job at Birmingham.

This. O'Neill was established down here with a mid-table Premier League side before he went to Celtic then on to Villa. Could see Coyle taking a similar route.

Can see them slipping into the abyss after the next appointment TBH.

Have to check the odds but maybe I will now put a bet on them for releagtion. Think changing the manager when things are going well this time of the season is very bad for the team imo.

I wouldn't - not a big enough move - better biding his time till something better comes along.

pretty much this.  If he can keep Burnley up, better offers will present themselves in due course.

Like they have for Phil Brown and Tony Pulis?

To be fair, I think Coyle's achievements with Burnley are better than either of those two - also, Burnley have generally tried to play football, whereas Stoke have relied in a more physical approach(Hull too, to a degree)....if I had to take a gamble on Pulis, Brown or Coyle at NUFC, I would pick Coyle.

I agree. It's a calculated gamble by the Bolton hierarchy but you can understand the logic and I admire it tbh. Similar to Wigan's appointment of Martinez, might work, might not, but it's the right sort of decision making for me.

Guest Roger Kint

I wouldn't - not a big enough move - better biding his time till something better comes along.

pretty much this.  If he can keep Burnley up, better offers will present themselves in due course.

Like they have for Phil Brown and Tony Pulis?

To be fair, I think Coyle's achievements with Burnley are better than either of those two - also, Burnley have generally tried to play football, whereas Stoke have relied in a more physical approach(Hull too, to a degree)....if I had to take a gamble on Pulis, Brown or Coyle at NUFC, I would pick Coyle.

I agree. It's a calculated gamble by the Bolton hierarchy but you can understand the logic and I admire it tbh. Similar to Wigan's appointment of Martinez, might work, might not, but it's the right sort of decision making for me.

As you know we dont agree much but on that, theres a few Bolton players who arent working and wouldnt surpise me to start now a change in direction is there. I ts a huge gamble but if he can get that shower not playing non football theres always a chance ;D

BBC reporting that O'Driscoll from Doncaster will be the new Burnley manager. I think relegation beckons there unfortunately.

Dear me. It all looked so good for them after half a dozen games too. Oh well.

BBC reporting that O'Driscoll from Doncaster will be the new Burnley manager. I think relegation beckons there unfortunately.

SSN web site saying that Brian Laws is set to be announced Manager  :kasper:

:lol: I've never known a manager to get sacked in the lower leagues and then a week later turn up in the top flight. Crazy.

:lol: I've never known a manager to get sacked in the lower leagues and then a week later turn up in the top flight. Crazy.

all I will say is lord help burnley

Its a real double whammy for Burnley if it happens. Feel bad for them.

Its so mad its funny though  :laugh:

Unbelievable if he is confirmed, sacked from a championship club languishing in the lower half and takes over at a premiership club looking to consolidate their position in the top flight, absolute madness. Got to be sick as a chip if you're a Burnley fan!