Nicky Butt fears this could be his last season

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Where does the £50k a week come from? I always understood it was closer to £30k, though still far too much obviously.

Don't really know but didn't Kinnear say last season that the contract was around 35k? Not that I would believe JFK any word he says though.

Guest Heneage

Same as what Ste said, are people just quoting Fm? Or is there another source.

As for his retirement, it's a bit overdue, something I think he would probably agree with if he was honest, I think the decline of the team and his poor performances often made him a figure head for hate, that's not to say his performances weren't poor.

I won't see this club as really starting fresh till we are rid of those who took us down, Smith, Nolan, Ryan Taylor, the players that had no right to be even joining our club.

As for his retirement, it's a bit overdue, something I think he would probably agree with if he was honest, I think the decline of the team and his poor performances often made him a figure head for hate, that's not to say his performances weren't poor.

I won't see this club as really starting fresh till we are rid of those who took us down, Smith, Nolan, Ryan Taylor, the players that had no right to be even joining our club.

Smith didn't take us down imo. He hardly played last season. But he is there to take us back up  O0

Oh Nicky you're so shite, you're so shite you blow my mind

Hey Nicky ... hey Nicky, (x3)

You've been around all year and that's a little long

You think you've got the right and I think you got it wrong

Why don't you say goodbye, so you can fuck off home Nicky?

'Cause when you say you will it always means you wont

You're giving me some hope Nicky, please Nicky don't

I'll even drive you home, man - get your fucking coat Nicky!

Oh Nicky what a pity you don't understand

You think the fans like you, but they think you're a fuck-gland

Oh Nicky you're so shitty can't you understand

it's guys like you Nicky!

Oh watcha ya do Nicky do Nicky don't stick around Nicky!

Hey Nicky!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we get promoted, he'll probably get a new one year contract or something for being an "experienced head" or " international midfielder who know's the Premier League in and out". Wouldn't at all surprise me.

Aye I wouldnt be suprised if the board release a statement tomorrow saying they've given him a new 5 year contract. Everything that seems too good to be true these days usually is.

Yep. Something like:

"Instead of signing new players, we have come to a long term agreement with our captain, playmaker, best crosser, overhead-kicker, future manager and overal best player, Nicky Butt that its the best for him and for the club that he stays for the next 5 years with an option to extend the contract to further 3 years."

At the end of the day it's pointless blaming the player if he's getting paid to take us down, the decision should really have been taken out of his hands. It's the managers who are too weak  to see past his "great attitude" and senior influence that are too blame. I am talking about Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and now Hughton. The last two successful managers were Keegan who was ruthless in getting rid of players who weren't good enough, and Bobby Robson, who probably paid for it with his job when he was looking to reduce Shearer's role as a striker.

They were only doing what top managers like Fergie and Wenger do as a matter of policy at their club. Buy young and sell the old farts to badly run clubs like us.

That article is crap, it's too hard to work out when they're talking about Butt or the car.

It has the punch to back up this scream too – it’ll hit 62mph in less than five seconds, before reaching a stratospheric 183mph.

I assume that's the car?

Guest Stephen927

I've liked them for ages, beautiful car. Tainted forever now though. :nope:

How gutted would you be spending all that money on a car then finding a horrible ginger hair in the creases of the seat lmao

:lol:

• 2 months later...

I don't even think he should be kept on in any capacity. People mention him as a senior figure, with experience and influence. Those attributes didnt help us last year and didn't help Birmingham either. Mixed NUFC career in total, first two seasons were an absolute disaster, 2006/07 he was probably one of our best players and had a good 07/08 campaign. After that his form nose dived, he seemed to think he had turned into David Beckham over night, and had an awful time last season.