Strikers that will do for half a season or so?

Skirge

Roeder saying he wants a striker is fine but we have Owen, Martins, Luque, Shola, Sibi. Owen may be back this season and Luque will be leaving but can we really get a decent striker to ocme here ?

So do we need to look at maybe an older striker we can get short term?

Jan Koller is what 33 ? he ascores lots of goals would be worth looking at?

like the thought

a 202 giant who is fantastic both in the air and on the ground,i really wanted him to come pre-season,instead roeder bought a mini koller-antoine siberski that is

The truth is ANYONE will do,just someone who can score from 2 chance's,i really want luque to get his chance,but as long as roeder in charge,i don't t hink he will get a chance,koller is a decent player,the only problem will be that i don't think anyone will even think of sigining him for the club

It will be very hard to get a top striker of a decent age, they know Owen will be back and wil lalso have to battle for a spot with Martins and Shola.

But someone like Jan Koller may fancy a stint in the Prem before the end of their career, he is 33 so its not to old and yeah his height is awesome, taller than Crouch.

Would Monaco let him leave though ?

Roeder saying he wants a striker is fine but we have Owen, Martins, Luque, Shola, Sibi. Owen may be back this season and Luque will be leaving but can we really get a decent striker to ocme here ?

So do we need to look at maybe an older striker we can get short term?

Jan Koller is what 33 ? he ascores lots of goals would be worth looking at?

Don't know why we never looked at Koller instead of Sibierski.  He was available on a free too but I think he said he latest move would also be his last.  Forget where he went.  We could have had him and JFH as a one season stop gap and it wouldn't have cost us a penny in transfer fees  :wullie:

Obviously the situation's desperate.  I think we need 2 strikers if Rossi goes home.  We need players who know the prem and can come straight in.  Defoe springs to mind but he's too short to cope with relentless route one football with a relegation struggler.  If we insist on lumping the ball forward to a static big man, we could go for Hartson for half a season.  He'd be useful at set pieces too but I expect he's slow as fuck now.  Or maybe Dean Windass might be willing to come to us but I wouldn't bank on it.  OK, I wasn't serious about Windass.

I think our best hope is to offer a king's ransom for someone like Darren Bent.  And offer them it now, not on 30 Jan.  We should also gamble on a decent championship striker like Eastwood or Nugent (not Chops), if they'll have us of course.  Someone who's used to getting stuck in and fighting for it but can play a bit too.  That's where we're at now, highly skilled fancy dan layabouts aren't going to do. 

He can't be doing much kop as Monaco were rock bottom of the French League last time I looked (about 2 weeks ago).

Why is your Roedometer so high at 36 % ? In my book he is in single figures if even that. What good thing has he done in the last 3 months ?

He can't be doing much kop as Monaco were rock bottom of the French League last time I looked (about 2 weeks ago).

Why is your Roedometer so high at 36 % ? In my book he is in single figures if even that. What good thing has he done in the last 3 months ?

The clue's in his user name  :winking:

Aye he is still at Monacoa nd 1 goal in 10 :(

Shame because he is better than that.

International  69  (2)  43  0  0

94-95 Sparta Prague 1 Goals, 6 Games

95-96 Sparta Prague 4 Goals, 23 Games

96-97 Lokeren 8 Goals, 31 Games

97-98 Lokeren 11 Goals, 33 Games

98-99 Lokeren 24 Goals, 33 Games

99-00 Anderlecht 20 Goals, 33 Games

00-01 Anderlecht 22 Goals, 32 Games

01-02 Borussia Dortmund 11 Goals, 32 Games

02-03 Borussia Dortmund 13 Goals, 34 Games

03-04 Borussia Dortmund 16 Goals, 32 Games

04-05 Borussia Dortmund 15 Goals, 30 Games

05-06 Borussia Dortmund 4 Goals, 9 Games

06-07 Monaco 1 Goals, 10 Games

It will be very hard to get a top striker of a decent age, they know Owen will be back and wil lalso have to battle for a spot with Martins and Shola.

But someone like Jan Koller may fancy a stint in the Prem before the end of their career, he is 33 so its not to old and yeah his height is awesome, taller than Crouch.

Owen may not be the same player - we don't know yet and is very injury-prone as everyone knows. When he's out like he is now we don't score goals so I think we need another potent option. Shola has a lot to do to convince me he's the answer and we don't know how Martins will fare.

In January I'm hoping for 5 new players but I doubt it's going to happen. I'd like to see:

RB: Volz - only 22 and in the final year of his contract. Vastly superior to the fat Irishman.

LB: Bridge - contract running out, guaranteed a start with us.

CB: Distin - contract running out. Not great but would be better than we've already got and with a minimal fee.

CF: John - Fulham have got some good players if you think about it and his contract also doesn't have that long left.

CF: Bent - costly but it may be necessary as if we don't score goals we go down.

If Bayern want Emre for 8/9m they can have him and we'll have no option but to cut our losses on Luque. The first 4 shouldn't be all that expensive but good goalscorers usually are. Does anyone agree?

Owen may not be the same player - we don't know yet and is very injury-prone as everyone knows. When he's out like he is now we don't score goals so I think we need another potent option. Shola has a lot to do to convince me he's the answer and we don't know how Martins will fare.

In January I'm hoping for 5 new players but I doubt it's going to happen. I'd like to see:

RB: Volz - only 22 and in the final year of his contract. Vastly superior to the fat Irishman.

LB: Bridge - contract running out, guaranteed a start with us.

CB: Distin - contract running out. Not great but would be better than we've already got and with a minimal fee.

CF: John - Fulham have got some good players if you think about it and his contract also doesn't have that long left.

CF: Bent - costly but it may be necessary as if we don't score goals we go down.

If Bayern want Emre for 8/9m they can have him and we'll have no option but to cut our losses on Luque. The first 4 shouldn't be all that expensive but good goalscorers usually are. Does anyone agree?

If that lot was on offer I would bite your hand off

John Hartson would of been my 1st choice.

He's proven, strong, a target man to work well with Martins or even Luque, he can score goals and has a right go at things.

Age is perfect, and the step back up to the EPL would encourage him to perform much better than he is now.

Unfortunatly i've heard nothing of him this seasonat WBA, is i imaging he's doing shite.

A longer term view, how about Nicky Maynard from Crewe, certainly knows where the net is, reminds me a bit of Cole.

Pressley as a short-term measure for around £250,000 wouldn't be the worst idea.

If Emre is off he would be a great player for a season or two, hopefully then Pattison would be making the step up to first team regular

Isn't Pressley a defender?

Am thinking of the one at Hearts mind.  blueconfused.gif