Elvis

catmag

Would have been 75 today. Any big fans here? I still maintain although he was in his own class during his heyday, the best thing that happened to his career was that he snuffed it when he did or else he would have ended up being  a fat, greasy club singer.

Apparently they're making him a birthday cake and presenting it at Graceland today. I'm sure he'll enjoy that  ???

Studying him as part of GCSE History killed my liking of the guy, not that there's anything wrong with his music.

Bloody hell, how times have changed. For my GCSE history we studied the industrial revolution :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKdSHr1i2Yo&feature=related

I've never been an Elvis fan,most of his career,to me,he was a glorified pub singer.However,there are moments in his life when he produced real quality.I'm talking American Trilogy,Suspicious Minds and this clip illustrates my favourite song of his.A truly magical moment in the annuls of rock history.

Absolutely loved Elvis when I was younger.

I am old enough to remember the news of his death being announced, in fact I can remember the exact moment I heard and where I was (bit if a Kennedy moment).

While I am not that much of a fan now I will still happily watch the live shows on tv whenever they are on, Skyplussed the 68 Comeback Special the other week and put a big "K" next to it in my planner!!

Studying him as part of GCSE History killed my liking of the guy, not that there's anything wrong with his music.

Exactly the same. 'The Impact of Elvis' - fuck off. My dad thought I was taking the piss when I brought my coursework home.

I prefer Carl Perkins.  :snod:

Blue Moon of Kentucky and That's Alright Mama are still great songs. In fact the whole of the first album is a lesson in rockabilly.

Pity about him being so easily suckered by that Dutch twat Col Tom Parker. Happy birthday, you fat bastard.

Exactly the same. 'The Impact of Elvis' - fuck off. My dad thought I was taking the piss when I brought my coursework home.

Carl Perkins was the real innovator in the 50's along with Chuck Berry imo.

Carl Perkins was the real innovator in the 50's along with Chuck Berry imo.

I concur.  :snod:

Guest lankybellwipe

Bloody hell, how times have changed. For my GCSE history we studied the industrial revolution :lol:

Aye. them times were hard pet!! Kids today have it easy!!  I was down t' pit when I was nine!!

Elvis for GCSE History?! Bloody hell I only did mine 4 or 5 years ago and I did WW1, Russia (Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin), Hitler, The Cold War and the Suffragettes.

We did all that, plus a load of American history (from the Wall Street Crash onwards, basically). This was about 8 year ago.

Elvis for GCSE History?! Bloody hell I only did mine 4 or 5 years ago and I did WW1, Russia (Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin), Hitler, The Cold War and the Suffragettes.

We did all that, plus a load of American history (from the Wall Street Crash onwards, basically). This was about 8 year ago.

Yeah did some American History on the depression and all that, did it in more detail at A-Level.

Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant shit to me you see

Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain

Motherfuck him and John Wayne.

Nah, he was alright. Never really got into him, tbh.

Our GCSE History was World War 1, bit of Hitler, The Depression, and Vietnam (LOL Mike)

Did Vietnam at A-Level, got full marks on that exam  :snod: Can't remember any of it now like.

Guest Stephen927

Our GCSE History was World War 1, bit of Hitler, The Depression, and Vietnam (LOL Mike)

Did Vietnam at A-Level, got full marks on that exam  :snod: Can't remember any of it now like.

We just had it for coursework, got to watch Platoon, all good.

We had to cover the franchise which was gash. Although we did get to watch Blackadder because of it.