Newcastle United v Plymouth - 13th Jan 2010 7.45m KO

Guest toonlass

We might as well f***ing sell Guthrie. Let's face it, he's never going to get in the team ahead of Nolan, Smith, Butt and eventually Barton.

Put the pennies towards the Danny Simpson deal. :rolleyes:

I actually don't see this idea that it has to be Smith and xxxxxx or Butt and xxxxxxx every time.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams out there that don't play with a defensive midfielder in EVERY game. I mean Guthrie and Nolan would surely work in the Championship?

Too cavalier. We are right to be worrying about the central midfielders teams like Plymouth Argyle have, they're basically Michael Essiens in disguise.

We might as well f***ing sell Guthrie. Let's face it, he's never going to get in the team ahead of Nolan, Smith, Butt and eventually Barton.

Put the pennies towards the Danny Simpson deal. :rolleyes:

I actually don't see this idea that it has to be Smith and xxxxxx or Butt and xxxxxxx every time.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams out there that don't play with a defensive midfielder in EVERY game. I mean Guthrie and Nolan would surely work in the Championship?

Too cavalier. We are right to be worrying about the central midfielders teams like Plymouth Argyle have, they're basically Michael Essiens in disguise.

Can't wait to see how Butt and Nolan fare in midfield for 90 mins. They'll need wheelchairs by the end if those young scamps from Plymouth give them too much of a run around.

Leaving Guthrie out is criminal.

prefer him to be kept back for the much bigger game next Monday,  i wouldn't have played Jose and Jonas either, i'd keep them back for the west brom game.  3 points are more important.