what the hell goes on?

lovejoy

listening to talksport this morning, they were lsiting stephen carr as the best right back in the league at the minute. whilst i dont agree, at all, it still shows the leap in form he has taken since leaving us, we, as fans, hated the b******. (they are actually talking about him now on soccer saturday as I type this).

so, what goes on at our club that makes these players play so badly? then, when they leave, they have a lnew ease of life?

you could say the same about:

bramble

bowyer

duff

parker

to name a few.

what the f*** is it about our club?

We rushed him back to quickly, according to our former physio

Carr said same thing in an interview i read today (guardian i think)

However he was shite the majority of the time he was "fit" anyways. I'm guessing it helps that Larsson (i think it is) plays infront of him for BCFC and is quite a willing worker and tracker back unlike say anyone in the 4-3-3 or Nobby when we played 4-4-2

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas will definitely start scoring loads of goals for the next club when he leaves!

Whats that got to do with us? He was hardly scoring before we signed him ???

Jonas will definitely start scoring loads of goals for the next club when he leaves!

Whats that got to do with us? He was hardly scoring before we signed him ???

Yeah...

2001–2005 Vélez Sársfield 107 (1)

2005–2008 Real Mallorca 95 (5)

Some players like Duff never shone for us and it just didn't work out. However, some players should have never been sold. I know Parker frustrated some fans but he was a very decent midfielder, never going to set the world on fire but he did a very good job. Bowyer had a cracking second half of the season before he left and then was sold because he wanted to return to London.

Similar situations with Jenas, Bellamy, Milner and Given. All very good players who wanted to leave for one reason or another and we simply let them walk away and have never replaced them.

There is also the fact that this club has been infamous in previous for rushing players back to fitness. Carr is one player that applies too, Dyer was another. While Luque was utter rubbish you do sometimes wonder if he hadn't been rushed back from his hamstring injury in his first season what would have happened.

Carr said,

"It was stop-start. Every year I had an injury. They were silly injuries that took a long time to diagnose and then I was out longer than I should be. And the last year, when I pulled my hamstring four times, summed it up. Basically it was a case of people not looking after you properly. Unfortunately you're the one that looks like you're injury-prone but the rehab was shocking. That's the bottom line."

Not the first to comment on our clubs appalling treatment of injuries.

Dodgy coaching and too much pay.

I'd bet that most of the players who have left us in the last few years (Milner & N'Zogbia excepted) are probably earning 1/3rd of what they were on here.  We've given players contracts where they can earn a fortune whether they play well, play badly or don't even play at all.

Couple that with some abysmal management (funny that under a good manager like Keegan our recent crop of shit players managed to look good) and it's easy to see where the problems have grown from. 

Guest elbee909

Carr said,

"It was stop-start. Every year I had an injury. They were silly injuries that took a long time to diagnose and then I was out longer than I should be. And the last year, when I pulled my hamstring four times, summed it up. Basically it was a case of people not looking after you properly. Unfortunately you're the one that looks like you're injury-prone but the rehab was shocking. That's the bottom line."

Yeah, those rehab guys stuffing food down his gullet didn't help, I bet.

During his time here he never looked fit and always looked about three stone overweight and didn't appear interested in getting fit in his last couple of years.  I think that it's more of a case of he used his Tottenham knee injuries as a smokescreen for general laziness and a good excuse for loss of performance, left us, didn't get an expected free transfer to sit on his arse for a couple of years on full pay, spent six months on the dole and didn't like it and has applied himself (as he should have done here) to get himself another job.

I'm not saying that the fitness staff here haven't had some part, but in my opinion Stephen Carr was the personification of the general malaise that crept into the club over the past decade or so - so called big name players on massive, water-tight contracts with no interest in actually putting in the effort to actually earn them.

Guest BooBoo

He was just another malingerer at the club. He only decided to pull his socks up when he was dumped on the scrapheap.

listening to talksport this morning, they were lsiting stephen carr as the best right back in the league at the minute. whilst i dont agree, at all, it still shows the leap in form he has taken since leaving us, we, as fans, hated the b******. (they are actually talking about him now on soccer saturday as I type this).

so, what goes on at our club that makes these players play so badly? then, when they leave, they have a lnew ease of life?

bramble

bowyer

duff

parker

to name a few.

Great thread all people should think about this twice.. We had potentially and on the wages a the fifith best team last year yet where did we end up 18th..... We all complaine about our players I dunno what the Geordie people think about. Unless we give our players a support 100% we can not get any better. I HATE MANY SUPPORTERS AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB THINKS THEY KNOW BETTER THAN THE MANGER at most time....

During his time here he never looked fit and always looked about three stone overweight and didn't appear interested in getting fit in his last couple of years.  I think that it's more of a case of he used his Tottenham knee injuries as a smokescreen for general laziness and a good excuse for loss of performance, left us, didn't get an expected free transfer to sit on his arse for a couple of years on full pay, spent six months on the dole and didn't like it and has applied himself (as he should have done here) to get himself another job.

I'm not saying that the fitness staff here haven't had some part, but in my opinion Stephen Carr was the personification of the general malaise that crept into the club over the past decade or so - so called big name players on massive, water-tight contracts with no interest in actually putting in the effort to actually earn them.

In a nutshell.

bramble

bowyer

duff

parker

to name a few.

Great thread all people should think about this twice.. We had potentially and on the wages a the fifith best team last year yet where did we end up 18th..... We all complaine about our players I dunno what the Geordie people think about. Unless we give our players a support 100% we can not get any better. I HATE MANY SUPPORTERS AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB THINKS THEY KNOW BETTER THAN THE MANGER at most time....

Aye, the fans make players paid £40k per week play like one-legged kangaroos.

Therefore I will never complain again, even when our players get relegated. Because if we don't complain, our players will be the best in the world.

Wtf.

In a nutshell.

Bingo. :nods:

We have had poor managers, it's as simple as that. If it's true that Shepherd bought players over the manager's head that won't have helped either.

Absolutely spot on.

Bad management from the very top all the way down to the bottom/.

Just the basic inability to build a balanced squad and pick an effective team has been lacking in most of our managers. Roeder with his team of diddy men...Souness with his brainwave to play two defensive midfielders alongside each other while leaving Milner out of the team....Allardyce playing long ball with Owen as his striker.. it's a joke really. We haven't even touched on the physios and board.

Carr said,

Yeah, those rehab guys stuffing food down his gullet didn't help, I bet.

Gonzales was quoted saying he picked up an injury that should have been no more than 2 months out injured. He missed the entire season on what he said where the clubs inability to diagnose and correctly treat his injury.