Will Barton's return lead to better football?

TRon

Generally poor yesterday but great ball for the goal and a few more. Some that were good ideas but poorly executed.

I scrubbed his head and patted his back.

Are you joking?

No. A lot of terribly sloppy passes. Not our worst player but one of the mediocre players in a mediocre, typical away performance. Like I said though, great pass, and he spots better balls than anyone we have.

Joey Barton circa 2006 would be a force in your team. If he can be that player again (consistently) has always been the question. In my opinion, he just needs a controversy and injury-free season since I think the ability's still there. He's entering what should be his peak as a player, too.

This. Been saying this for the past few seasons, if he can get back to his form at city, which saw him win a place in the England squad (only for him to lose it after criticize Gerrard et al.) Then he will be a vital cog in our side, unfortunately, we've only seen glimpses of his former self, though he's still quite youngish, I  have faith that he can rediscover his form!

didn't he get called-up after he dissed Gerrard, Lampard etc for bringing books out about England's unspectacular 2006 world cup? But yeah he was good in the 06/07 season, pretty much kept Man City up by himself.

Guest Heneage

Generally poor yesterday but great ball for the goal and a few more. Some that were good ideas but poorly executed.

Are you joking?

No. A lot of terribly sloppy passes. Not our worst player but one of the mediocre players in a mediocre, typical away performance. Like I said though, great pass, and he spots better balls than anyone we have.

Hard when you're playing on a pitch that's more like a golf course.

Are you joking?

Maybe. I'm a Barton apologist, I'm not out to get him.

Guest Heneage

Are you joking?

It affected loads of them, Guthrie, even Routledge slipped for his goal.

Are you joking?

It affected loads of them, Guthrie, even Routledge slipped for his goal.

I don't think Barton's really sloppy passes were down to it, he's done it a lot in the games he's played in. Think the whole team were mediocre though, like they are in nearly every away game.