I had a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale...

bulivye

...yesterday, and it got me wondering how much difference there is between the stuff i drank (imported into the USA) and the stuff most of you drink at your local. 

who's had both and would you care to comment?    i can only imagine it's dreamy over there!  :smitten:

...yesterday, and it got me wondering how much difference there is between the stuff i drank (imported into the USA) and the stuff most of you drink at your local. 

who's had both and would you care to comment?     i can only imagine it's dreamy over there!   :smitten:

Well for starters, the last time I had it over there was when they were actually still brewing it in Newcastle and I had it at the Strawberry because it was the closest pub to the Brewery (this was before I supported NUFC, little did I know how important The Strawberry is on match-day).  It definitely tasted a little different but to be honest, a lot of brewing like that adheres to very strict brewing guidelines so even something like Bud Light is going to taste almost identical no matter where on earth it is brewed.  The only thing with Newcastle is that it is an especially light sensitive beer so out of the bottle in the US it always tastes a little skunky to me - it's best to have it on draft or in cans where it hasn't seen the light of day because that is more along the lines of what it tastes like in Newcastle/England.

It's absolutely beautiful on tap in the USA.

That's the only way I get it here if I am out (which to be honest is the only time I get it - too expensive to buy regularly at home)

true it's in a clear bottle over here which may affect 'skunkiness'   i actually like it (the ale not skunkiness) and it helped make me a toon fan! :clap2:

Me too, dude.

It's absolutely beautiful on tap in the USA.

That's the only way I get it here if I am out (which to be honest is the only time I get it - too expensive to buy regularly at home)

true it's in a clear bottle over here which may affect 'skunkiness'   i actually like it (the ale not skunkiness) and it helped make me a toon fan! :clap2:

Me too, dude.

O0

I am a fan like.

Its all brewed in the same place isnt it? therefore it should be the same the world over? Or am I being daft?

well, that's why i asked.  we  get pilsner urquell imported to the USA from the cz republic & it's shite!  but in the motherland, it's quite nice!  so...hmm...maybe they're brewed in different locations... :undecided: 

I am a fan like.

Its all brewed in the same place isnt it? therefore it should be the same the world over? Or am I being daft?

well, that's why i asked.  we  get pilsner urquell imported to the USA from the cz republic & it's shite!  but in the motherland, it's quite nice!  so...hmm...maybe they're brewed in different locations... :undecided:   

I think all of Newcastle Brown Ale is brewed in one location.