Quidco

Thespence

Can take over a month on some occasions, but it's piss easy to use and gives you a nice little discount.

Cheers 2J

I am helping sort a lasses finances out at work & I already knew if she opened  A & L current account she will get £100 but via Quidco it will get her a extra £45.

A little description would be nice.

Instead of going directly to a website to buy something you log in to your Quidco account and go via a link on there. This registers you for cashback, which is sometimes a set amount and sometimes a percentage of the amount you spend. Either way, you eventually get paid it back.

They take the first £5 you make back off you as a fee, but if you never make £5 in the first place it's free.

It's particularly useful when signing up to contracts, such as new mobile phone deals or broadband etc.

A little description would be nice.

Instead of going directly to a website to buy something you log in to your Quidco account and go via a link on there. This registers you for cashback, which is sometimes a set amount and sometimes a percentage of the amount you spent. Either way, you eventually get paid it back.

They take the first £5 you make back off you as a fee, but if you never make £5 in the first place it's free.

It's particularly useful when signing up to contracts, such as new mobile phone deals or broadband etc.

Cheers Dave :thup:

Will have to look more into it. The way I understand it from that is it works on a sort of points system? Sort of like paypal with points?

Probably wrong but I'll have a look anyway.

Eh? It works the way I've just described it mate. :lol:

Say you buy something for £100 and go via Quidco that is offering 7% on purchases, you make £7 in cashback and eventually (can be months) they pay £7 into your bank account.

Say you then buy into a contract and the Quidco is £90 for getting onto that contract, eventually they pay you £90 into your bank account.

The only thing you don't get - assuming the cashback tracks correctly - is the first fiver you make, they take that as the fee for being a member.

I have always been on free broadband with SKY but they are going to start charging me from this month but looking at Quidco I could get broadband via them & with cashback + free months it would work out a £0.00.

If you lads have been using it a while that will do for me :thup:

Ha, sorry Dave, I was struggling to see how it could just be free money which is what my head thinks. What's in it for Quidco?

They get the fivers of course, and I presume they are paid something in return by the retailers.

Ha, sorry Dave, I was struggling to see how it could just be free money which is what my head thinks. What's in it for Quidco?

They get the fivers of course, and I presume they are paid something in return by the retailers.

The whole point is that they give you what they are paid by the retailers. AFAIK they only take the fivers.

I use it canny regular. Insurance is great to get through it. I got £50 cashback when I got my iphone as well. Made £400 in the last couple of years after the fivers so it's better than noubt. Some people have been known to end up getting free or even getting paid to take home insurance through them as some of the deals pay you £100+. They make there money from the fivers and we get the  money as companies basically use some of their advertising revenue to pay the cashback.