Experience with whiplash claims?

Slim

Long story short..Bumped a guy on the ice 5mph at most.  No damage done to either car and everyone is happy to leave it at that.  Now his passenger has decided he is hurt and has gone to a no win no fee thing to fuck me over.   Not to bothered as the insurance will sort it but has any one been in a similar situation?  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its Slim insurance that would pay out.

Ive known these claims on both sides - either you get some genuine person who realises theres no damage and it was an accident and they leave it at that.

On the other side of the coin, somebody sees it as a chance to pay for next summers hol and claims on it. If you get claimed on, its straight forward and not much of a hassle, just the end of your no claims and an increase in your premium because somebody is playing the system.

If your insurance company have any sense, and I am sure they have, they will insist on detailed medical checks.

In order for any claim to be really taken seriously the claimant should have really attended outpatients at hospital within 24hours of the accident and been examined.

I wouldn't worry unduly, this sort of thing goes on every day and companies know how to handle it!

Yeah basically exactly the same happened to me a year ago although it was the driver who claimed. We both got out of our cars and inspected the damage/swapped insurances, my license plate was cracked and her car had a couple of scratches to the back. She ended up claiming wiplash/soft tissue injury when it was clear she was absolutely fine and unhurt from the incident.

If your insurance company have any sense, and I am sure they have, they will insist on detailed medical checks.

In order for any claim to be really taken seriously the claimant should have really attended outpatients at hospital within 24hours of the accident and been examined.

I wouldn't worry unduly, this sort of thing goes on every day and companies know how to handle it!

u reckon its worth telling your insurance company about such a bump, even if the other driver has said they wont claim, just incase they change their mind and pull a whiplash claim?

Guest lankybellwipe

This type of complete and utter wanker, makes me ashamed to be British!! :rant:

What were you thinking Slim you fuc..............  Obviously, I was joking there, but these wankers who try to profit from minor accidents like these.  :angry: I sincerley hope that insurance companies (who aren't much more human than the claim diggers) have a complete system of checks in place for the wanker fraternity. I could never do something like that to make a quick buck!!

That reminds me!! We've all seen THAT advert, where a lady is explaining from the comfort of her own couch, how she won £5,000 from a company, for damage to her person.  In the next frame, we see the very same lady, re-enacting the tragic moment when she was walking through a tiled foyer in her stilettos, wherin, she slipped and fucked her knee/foot. That must have been extremely traumatic for her that!! To re-fuck a damaged knee............................. /foot for Claims direct or whatever!! I hope she re-claimed for double!!

I just wonder how some people sleep at night  :facepalm:

Guest elbee909

My bro got hit by a car from behind.  His own insurance company encouraged him to claim, putting ideas into his and his wife's head (if you get any neck pains in the next week, be sure to let us know etc.) - so I wouldn't always blame the claimants, looks like the insurance companies are rather keen for you to claim against others.

If you have their address, go round and ask them how he can possibly have whiplash from a bump at less than 5mph.

My advice would be to just let the insurance companies handle it. As someone has said, it's a fairly common situation.

This type of complete and utter wanker, makes me ashamed to be British!! :rant:

What were you thinking Slim you fuc..............  Obviously, I was joking there, but these wankers who try to profit from minor accidents like these.  :angry: I sincerley hope that insurance companies (who aren't much more human than the claim diggers) have a complete system of checks in place for the wanker fraternity. I could never do something like that to make a quick buck!!

That reminds me!! We've all seen THAT advert, where a lady is explaining from the comfort of her own couch, how she won £5,000 from a company, for damage to her person.  In the next frame, we see the very same lady, re-enacting the tragic moment when she was walking through a tiled foyer in her stilettos, wherin, she slipped and fucked her knee/foot. That must have been extremely traumatic for her that!! To re-fuck a damaged knee............................. /foot for Claims direct or whatever!! I hope she re-claimed for double!!

I just wonder how some people sleep at night   :facepalm:

Welcome to America.

Guest lankybellwipe

:lol: :lol:

Class.

As a percentage, how much did you understand? I thought super gabbling woulod make me sound thicker!!

:lol: :lol:

Class.

As a percentage, how much did you understand? I thought super gabbling woulod make me sound thicker!!

Aye all of it I think. :lol:

I love the bit at the start where you're in a daze or whatever, it's brilliant.  And also "They get money for idiots like you" and "We are a business and yet we make no profit at all". :lol: