Glazers overseeing the destruction of Man U.

Parky

Very surprised that anyone is taking pleasure from or hoping for the demise of Man Utd because of their owners.

You'd have thought after what we'd been through we'd understand what it's like.

Agree. I hope for ManU's demise because of their fans. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.

Very surprised that anyone is taking pleasure from or hoping for the demise of Man Utd because of their owners.

Agree. I hope for ManU's demise because of their fans. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.

Same, and because of their players, and manager, and basically everyone who's involved with the club.

Would rather it was Chelsea but still nice to see. Good chance of City finishing ahead of this season aswell as puttign them out of the cup. Would be brilliant.

Would rather it was Chelsea but still nice to see. Good chance of City finishing ahead of this season aswell as puttign them out of the cup. Would be brilliant.

Man u not winnning anything and Liv not getting in the Cl is the ideal scenario. Both clubs stacked with debt.

Man u not winnning anything and Liv not getting in the Cl is the ideal scenario. Both clubs stacked with debt.

Chelsea, Spurs, City, Villa top four. I can but dream.

Liverpool and Man U seem to have got into this problem because they're having to compete with Chelsea (and now Man City) who are heavily subsidised from outside. It looks like the bigger clubs are now just as vulnerable as the smaller ones.

It's more than that. Both clubs were the subject of leveraged buyouts, meaning that the cost of their purchase is being met out of their revenue. Then factor in the effects of global economic meltdown and, yes, the difficulty of having to compete with Chelsea and Citeh who don't need to worry about balancing the books.

Man U would be doing fine, though, if it wasn't for the expense of transferring ownership to the Glazers.

agreed. in Man Utd's case especially they're problems have nothing to do with spending big on transfers, they've only spent something like £8m net in the time the glazers have been there, a tiny sum for a club that big. it's no wonder they're beginning to slide away from the top.

Guardian reporting that they are going to sell Man Utds training complex to another one of their companies and then going to lease it back to MUFC.

Evil.

Isn't that roughly what Real Madrid did when they were in trouble? Sold their training ground for £200m+ and started renting it for £1 a year or something?

Guardian reporting that they are going to sell Man Utds training complex to another one of their companies and then going to lease it back to MUFC.

Evil.

Isn't that roughly what Real Madrid did when they were in trouble? Sold their training ground for £200m+ and started renting it for £1 a year or something?

Real Madrid didn't sell it to one of their own companies though.  If this is true it sounds more like what the Shepherds did when they sold a NUFC owned warehouse to one of their relatives for a a few hundred thousand and then rented it back to the club for twice that amount per year.

By my reconing the Glazers look like much bigger vultures than Cashley. I also find it strange that Fergie is being so diplomatic.

He knows the club is fucked when he leaves, hoping they just fuck off before he does is my guess.

I'm sure they've sympathised with our decline. :facepalm: