Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion Mon. Jan. 18th 2010 7.45 pm KO

Incognito

Harper

Simpson    Taylor    Coloccini    Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Guthrie                                      Jonas

Shola      Carroll

I can see Taylor playing instead of Simpson though (not sure on his situation).

Long ball game again 2-0 Shola brace

No idea about this one.. Hopefully the players are up for it tonight. An early goal and the game is ours.

West Brom were pretty much awful against Forest.. I can see them shitting it again if things don't go their way from the start.

Harper

R Taylor  S Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Guthrie  Smith  Nolan  Jonas

Shola  Ranger

Simpson's head wont be right at this moment in time, Taylor is an adequate right back and him and Guthrie should be able to put it on Shola's head a fair few times. I'd start Ranger personally, given that I don't think Carroll is giving us enough.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/18/newcastle-united-wait-on-star-lovenkrands-72703-25625864/

Newcastle United wait on star Lovenkrands

Jan 18 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

PETER LOVENKRANDS could still make an emotional appearance in tonight’s mammoth Coca-Cola Championship clash with West Bromwich Albion.

Should the 29-year-old be involved tonight, he is certain to get a massive lift from the Geordie public, who are usually second to none in backing their players during hard times.

The popular Toon striker lost his father just three days ago after a long-term illness, and United manager Chris Hughton has offered the Dane as much time as he needs to grieve after his loss.

Lovenkrands grabbed a hat-trick in United’s 3-0 win over Plymouth Argyle and was set to be the first name on the team sheet tonight.

However, Hughton told the Chronicle today: “We aren’t ruling anything out with Peter.

“Our thoughts are with him and his family, and the decision will be entirely up to him.

“He might play, he might not play, but we’ll not know until shortly before the kick-off tonight against West Brom.”

Should Lovenkrands line up against the Baggies, he will be looking to add to his five-goal tally for the season and the ex-Rangers ace also has fine memories of scoring his first goal against West Brom last term in a 3-2 win at the Hawthorns.

Hughton added: “We know exactly what Peter gives us.

“It’s set to be a big night and we’ll see if he plays his part or not.”

Guest toonlass

When's the earliest I can buy tickets at the ground with cash?

You could go to the box office now, but if you mean pay on the gate I think its an hour and a half before the game kicks off.

Just that I usually buy online with my card but I can't today.  Might pop over now and get a ticket then.

Or does the club shop in the MetroCentre sell tickets?  Because I was going to go there first anyway.

MY FIRST EVER NUFC MATCH! IVE FOLLOWED THE TEAM SINCE I WAS A LITTLE CHILD IN NORWAY! SO VERY EXCITED!

TOON TOON! WHITE AND BLACK ARMY!

Hilde S.

:facepalm:

I LOVE ALAN SMITH.

:celb: :celb:

Let's win for wor soon no more SJP virgin!

A football club is hoping to raise money for the Haiti relief effort by wearing appeal logos on their shirts.

West Bromwich Albion players will have DEC Haiti Appeal emblazoned across their chests during the league match against Newcastle United on Monday.

The Disaster Emergency Committee is urgently appealing for support in the wake of Tuesday's earthquake.

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace said the club felt it was an opportunity to play a part in help to raise cash.

Up to 200,000 people may have died in the earthquake but the full figure is not known.

After the match, the 18 shirts worn by the squad will be auctioned off to raise more funds.

The club are able to wear the logo as they have match-by-match sponsorship deals.

This theoretically they could have 50-odd (league and cups) different shirts for just one season? That's a bit greedy, although I suspect they're only selling plain shirts..

Either way, should we put something on our shirts as well like we did for SBR foundation vs Ispwich? And did any thing like this occur after the tsunami in 2004?