The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What we want matters little, but it's nice to know 99.9% of the players love him and his training regime at the club.

Most of those players aren't good enough for the PL so can't see any reason that should have a bearing. We have to really do it properly this time as we are 2/3 years behind even the mid-table PL sides now.

Guys get realistic here, has there ever been a club thats just been promoted to the Premier League replace their manager that led them to promotion?

I can see him staying here even IF we dont go up.

Will be out of his depth/comfort zone. I'd make the change immediately and keep him on as first team coach. We don't want to fiddle around with him while we lose games. A new manager would have a better chance with pre-season under his belt.

In his favour so far is that

- he isn't influenced by events above his head, he gets on with the job.

- he has a light touch, he doesn't mess around with things if the results are coming.

- the players seem to be behind him and the team spirit is good.

We don't really know how he'll cope when we're losing more games than we're winning, and he has to face the big teams week after week.

But until the ownership situation is sorted out (i.e. we have a new owner) there doesn't seem to be much point in getting anyone else. I can't how they could do much more than Hughton has (so far).

In his favour so far is that

- he isn't influenced by events above his head, he gets on with the job.

- he has a light touch, he doesn't mess around with things if the results are coming.

- the players seem to be behind him and the team spirit is good.

We don't really know how he'll cope when we're losing more games than we're winning, and he has to face the big teams week after week.

But until the ownership situation is sorted out (i.e. we have a new owner) there doesn't seem to be much point in getting anyone else. I can't how they could do much more than Hughton has (so far).

Really don't think he's good enough for a PL campaign. I don't really care what the players think of him as most of them need getting rid as well. We don't want to be bottom 4/5 12 games in still wondering about Hughton.

Guest Stephen927

It would be extremely harsh on Hughtonbut the ideal scenario would be we gain automatic promotion as soon as possible, shake his hand and tell him go back to the coaching and bring in someone new who will have a few games to look at the squad and see what needs strengthening then to have the full summer as well to look at players and strengthen.

This wouldn't happen cos of the negative press and cos Hughton is the cheap option for the jokers, why change it when he's got us up...

I don't think it would have a negative impact on the players, they're not really playing for Hughton they're playing for themselves and the fans to get out of this division as they aren't in the shop window anymore as such.

Really don't think he's good enough for a PL campaign. I don't really care what the players think of him as most of them need getting rid as well. We don't want to be bottom 4/5 12 games in still wondering about Hughton.

Maybe, but do really think most of the players will be leaving? Of course they won't.

Love his temperament, and I think he does have the potential. Let's not forget he is very experienced as a number two and has certainly paid his dues. He does need to keep getting better though.

If Ashley decides to stay, I do think Hughton would be ideal for the kind of plan Ashley has wanted to put in place all along i.e. go after younger, more obscure, more affordable (i.e. cheap!) talents, who are not necessarily the complete article yet. Hughton seems like he would be a lot more accepting of this and play more of a coaching role, and not be as insistent on complete control of player recruitment.

It will be interesting that's for sure. Would really like to see him continue to grow and become a success. Best of luck to him.

i hope and it seems like he is good at motivating the players and keeping them happy. Tactically he is not good enough...which will be a problem in the PL.

A happy and motivated squad can go far....but if we go up and he will have to handle "bigger" players and hopefully a wider squad, i think the harmony within the squad easily could be interrupted....plus we wont win as many matches next year, if we go up.

keep him and let him have his chance, should we see a takeover i think he will be sacrificed almost no matter what.

Maybe, but do really think most of the players will be leaving? Of course they won't.

If we don't refresh at least half the first team we will be relegated, so it don't really matter what I think.

If we don't refresh at least half the first team we will be relegated, so it don't really matter what I think.

You might be right, but surely it's pointless debating based on things that we know won't happen.