If we win the league

Astroblack

More importantly if we do; will we celebrate with an open top bus?

Personally don't think we should, though not dead against it.

Surely promotion is enough of a reason for that? Promoted clubs hold huge celebrations in Spain, even reasonably big ones like Atlético, Valencia or Zaragoza had them.

Why not, just for a laugh.

At us?

I don't really see any reason why we did it in 92-93 but shouldn't repeat it now. These set of players, especially in defence are a lot more talented than the class of 93 but in fairness they've shown a lot of character in the last 6 months.

Surely promotion is enough of a reason for that? Promoted clubs hold huge celebrations in Spain, even reasonably big ones like Atlético, Valencia or Zaragoza had them.

Even if we return, the future doesn't look so rosey with Ashley at the helm still, i doubt many would want to celebrate, just forget this season and pray we don't go straight back down and get doubled off Sunderland.

Why not, just for a laugh.

At us?

I don't really see any reason why we did it in 92-93 but shouldn't repeat it now. These set of players, especially in defence are a lot more talented than the class of 93 but in fairness they've shown a lot of character in the last 6 months.

It was a class moment back then, the excitement and buzz was unreal, it won't be the case this time.

It'll never be the same, just like Beckford will never be Cole, Nolan will never be Rob Lee and Hughton will never be KK. :lol:

No reason we shouldn't enjoy it and show the players and everyone else how much it means to the city.

The players would deserve a big celebration for what they've done without a proper manager. Don't think there will be the same enthusiasm on the terraces though, because as some say on here, the futures not very bright whilst Ashley is still here.

Guest guinness_fiend

Er, I'm not convinced that many other sets of fans would even be having this conservation.  The mind boggles.

If we win, of course I'll celebrate.  In fact, I'll likely vanish on a three day bender and wake up somewhere in Eastern Europe, in a field next to someone's pet goat.  Naked.  And yes, I'll count it as a "trophy", because it is one.  Will it bring our dire record of top-flight success to an end and stop commentators bringing up the "best fans who've had no success" point everytime we're televised? Of course it won't and nor should it, because it'll remain true.

But for people to say that they won't celebrate?  Get a grip and stop being so full of yourselves.  We're fortunate enough to be in a position where we may be able to bounce back up to the top flight.  Some clubs have not been so lucky, so if we do win the league - show the players some respect and show your appreciation.  Whatever your thoughts might be on Mike Ashley and how the club is being run at present, the players and Hughton have got us to the top of the league and, if we stay there, they deserve to be applauded.

And then promptly sold to be replaced with better models.

;)

No thanks. We shouldn't even be in this division so getting out of it is nothing to go mad celebrating about. We wouldn't have had one if we avoided relegation last season would we?

Even the mackems didn't have one.

We should be quietly very happy with returning at the first attempt, but any kind of public celebration would be ridiculous.

I won't count it as winning a trophy, like I didn't last time we went up. In English football there's only really 2 (maybe 3 if you're generous) trophies that would count.

no, but it will be only the third thing ive seen us win.

10?

Somehow you managed to overlook the glorious Intertoto Cup winning season of 2006. Oh those were the days. Good times.

Let us ask FabregAsh when Arsenal won their last piece of silverware shall we?  :celb:

Is there a trophy awarded to the winner?

Yeah, the trophy is actually the one they used to give out to the top league champions before the Premier League was created. It's remained the top prize of the "Football League" I guess.

http://www.arsenalpics.com/image/david-oleary-with-the-league-championship-trophy-arsenal-v-coventry-city_50285.jpg

Guest johnson293

Is there a trophy awarded to the winner?

Yeah, the trophy is actually the one they used to give out to the top league champions before the Premier League was created. It's remained the top prize of the "Football League" I guess.

Aye - in fact when we won it in 1993, the previous team to win it was Leeds, before the top division became the 'Premier League'.

To be honest, I couldn't care either way whether theres an open top bus/celebrations, etc this time if we win the league, and I'm not sure as many would turn out as they did in 1993.

Back then, yes we had won what was basically still division 2, but we had hope and optimism for the following year with the players and Keegan, and an (apparently) ambitious chairman in John hall.

As has been mentioned, if we win this league, or even just get promoted, we will go into next season almost certainly with the 'For Sale' signs up again, minimal outlay on players because of that, and almost certainly Mike Ashley still in charge as he still wont be able to sell up.