Dokko

Police Told Off For Riot-Shield Sledging

(Click link for video)

Video Link on Sky News

or YT vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaIHzCcjpR8

5:25pm UK, Thursday January 14, 2010

Roddy Mansfield, Sky News Online

Police officers caught on camera sledging down a hill on their riot-shields have been reprimanded.

The officers from Thames Valley Police arrived at the slope at Boars Hill, Oxford, before one of them sat on his shield and slid down the hill.

The footage was captured by a member of the public and posted on YouTube.

Rick Latham, 50, said: "We were having a laugh trying to get done the slope in a kayak.

"When the police turned-up I thought they were going to give us a hard time.

"Then one of them grabbed the shield and another one went down on it as well."

Superintendent Andrew Murray, Oxford City commander, said: "The snow has a habit of bringing out the child in all of us.

"I have spoken to the officers concerned and reminded them in no uncertain terms that tobogganing on duty is a very bad idea."

But some of the comments posted on YouTube supported the officers.

Veronica said: "Good for them, it's a hard job to do, let them have some fun instead of the grief they usually have to put up with."

I'm not the biggest fan of the Police as a general rule, but fair play, especially using the riot shields.  :thup:  :lol:

:lol:

Only having a bit of fun, nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Showing a bit of humanity isn't a bad thing, would like to see it more from them.

Goes a canny distance as well. Like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation; should have oiled it up first.  :lol:

I wish they moved as fast as that when my car was being vandalised, in fact i wish they turned up at all., i should have told them i had a slide in the back Garden.

Noticed this story on Yahoo, with a Yellow banner across the top appealing for Donations to Hiati earthquake.  :shifty: