Kieron Dyer signs one-year contract extension with QPR

LoveItIfWeBeatU

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-star-could-be-forced-to-retire-article287567.html

West Ham star could be forced to retire

Published 23:00 14/01/10 By Darren Lewis

West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer is considering immediate retirement.

The luckless West Ham midfielder, 31, is believed to have confided to friends that he has had enough of his constant battle against injury.

If he follows through, he would be the second major star at troubled Upton Park to hang up his boots this season after striker Dean Ashton packed up last year.

Hugely popular Dyer, on £60,000-a-week, has played a total of just 18 times since signing for West Ham three years ago for £6million - costing the club £406,000-per-game.

He last played for the club on December 15 in the 1-1 draw against Bolton. Back then he lasted just 20 minutes before limping off with the latest in a succession of injuries which have blighted his career.

West Ham last night played down talk of Dyer packing up the game, insisting he remains on course for a return to training within the next two weeks.

But Mirrorsport understands that at least one club that has enquired about taking the former England star on loan this month has been turned away with the reason given that Dyer is considering his future.

Dyer has just one more season left on his West Ham contract and would have to come to an agreement with the club were either he, or they,to terminate prematurely.

Dyer endured a terrible start to his Upton Park career, suffering a double fracture of the right leg just three games in, during a League Cup tie at Bristol Rovers.

One of the most jinxed players the Premier League has ever seen, Dyer went on to miss the rest of the 2007-8 season  and made his comeback 17 months later - in January 2009 - as a second half substitute against Barnsley in the FA Cup.

Even then, however, his injuries continued in May 2009 when he was ruled out with a hamstring injury. He returned in the first game of this season against Wolves but had problems with injuries after that game too.

Injuries kept him out of the Newcastle side for sections of the 2006/7 season and only three times in his career has Dyer made more than 30 appearances in one season - two of which were in the 1990's at Ipswich.

"Hugely popular Dyer"? Popular with who? He's only played 18 times for West Ham in 3 years!

He was my favourite player whilst he was with us, I think we took for granted just how effective a fast player through the middle was. The kind of player I'd love us to have now. He didnt have the best end product but scored some crackers for us. The goal against Everton, 3 touches of the ball from the halfway line.  :smitten:

Can't deny it was a great bit of business getting rid though, and although he was a bit of an arse, I do feel a bit sorry for him.

He was a bit lazy as a player but i'm unsure as to why he's a 'horrible little t***'?

Because people read the papers and automatically know what they're like in the dressing room and in person.

Those feeling sorry for him, do you often pity 31 year old multi millionaires who drive supercars and have diamond encrusted watches and the like? I'd swap places with him now in a flash! Save your pity for someone who deserves it.

:thup:

Especially one who's a cunt with it as well.

Guest toonlass

He was a bit lazy as a player but i'm unsure as to why he's a 'horrible little t***'?

Because people read the papers and automatically know what they're like in the dressing room and in person.

I was in a shop one day and Dyer was there, and these two little kids went up to him with a pen and a bit of paper and asked him politely for his autograph and he told them in no uncertain terms to leave him alone. He was really nasty to them.

Once he showed utter disrespect to SBR,and even though I believe he totally regretted doing so,he was finished in my eyes.A good player though,whose pace,like Owen,was his best asset,and once the injuries took toll,he wouldn't be a quarter as good again,again,like Owen.

Those feeling sorry for him, do you often pity 31 year old multi millionaires who drive supercars and have diamond encrusted watches and the like? I'd swap places with him now in a flash! Save your pity for someone who deserves it.

I'm sure you and a lot of others would, but if the guy genuinely enjoys playing football, money is pretty much irrelevant isn't it?

What a load of shit.

I was in a shop one day and Dyer was there, and these two little kids went up to him with a pen and a bit of paper and asked him politely for his autograph and he told them in no uncertain terms to leave him alone. He was really nasty to them.

Fairy nuff :thup: But on the whole, people haven't experienced that. They just form random opinions - not on just Dyer, but on most players "He's mean" "He's lovely" "He's just after money" etc. etc etc.

Fairy nuff :thup: But on the whole, people haven't experienced that. They just form random opinions - not on just Dyer, but on most players "He's mean" "He's lovely" "He's just after money" etc. etc etc.

And some forget his part in seeing off SBR. And fighting with Bowyer on the pitch, during a match. On top of being an odious little fucker.

I'm sure you and a lot of others would, but if the guy genuinely enjoys playing football, money is pretty much irrelevant isn't it?

Or you could look at it as, a guy has been able to do the 'job' he loves for half his life so far at the highest level. That particular job usually comes to an end by 35 at the latest (excluding goalkeepers and the rare few) assuming you are relatively injury free. He may have to give it up a few years early. "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all".

He was my favourite player whilst he was with us, I think we took for granted just how effective a fast player through the middle was. The kind of player I'd love us to have now. He didnt have the best end product but scored some crackers for us. The goal against Everton, 3 touches of the ball from the halfway line.  :smitten:

Can't deny it was a great bit of business getting rid though, and although he was a bit of an arse, I do feel a bit sorry for him.

I agree with that.