The promotion clearout.

Parky

Which players are we keeping who will have a first team role.

For me:

Enrique

Collo

Taylor

Nolan

Harper

Guthrie

Stick Jonas on there and you're not far off.

For me:

Enrique

Collo

Taylor

Nolan

Harper

Guthrie

I hope he has a good World Cup so we can flog him and bring in something with a vaguely creative streak.

Wasn't hard to leave him off the list.

For me:

Enrique

Collo

Taylor

Nolan

Harper

Guthrie

I hope he has a good World Cup so we can flog him and bring in something with a vaguely creative streak.

Not hard to leave any of them off the list tbf, with the exception of Enrique.

For me:

Enrique

Collo

Taylor

Nolan

Harper

Guthrie

Not hard to leave any of them off the list tbf, with the exception of Enrique.

And Harper.

For me:

Enrique

Collo

Taylor

Nolan

Harper

Guthrie

I'd get rid of Nolan and probably keep Barton.

At least with Nolan there is a chance he might actually play for us. Flog Barton if possible. Waste of time and money.

I'm personally beginning to be be a bit disappointed with Guthrie, I really want him to be a good player but he just doesn't seem to get involved enough. If he's like he is now I wouldn't want him to have a (main) first team role. I'd go with to start with:

Harper

Colo

Taylor

Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Jonas

Smith and Nolan would very much depend on whether they can take their form up a level. I actually think that given the confidence Smith has now, and his fitness, he wouldn't do a bad job. I'm not particularly sure about Nolan though.

Harper, Enrique, Colo, S Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Barton, Jonas, Lovenkrands, Ameobi

As back up keep Krul, Kadar, Simpson, Carroll

That leaves R Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Smith, Pancrate to sell. Not much of a clearout, although maybe Ranger could go out on loan

I'm concerned about the number of "when we get promoted" threads though. We've not had a league match since December...

I'm personally beginning to be be a bit disappointed with Guthrie, I really want him to be a good player but he just doesn't seem to get involved enough. If he's like he is now I wouldn't want him to have a (main) first team role. I'd go with to start with:

Harper

Colo

Taylor

Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Jonas

Smith and Nolan would very much depend on whether they can take their form up a level. I actually think that given the confidence Smith has now, and his fitness, he wouldn't do a bad job. I'm not particularly sure about Nolan though.

I think Nolan will do exactly the job he is doing now no matter what division he is in. IMHO that won't be a bad thing if Smith raises him game next season.

Harper

S Taylor

R Taylor

Colo

Enrique

Barton

Nolan

Guthrie

Jonas

Ameobi

Lovenkrands

Smith

Caroll

bah basically everyone, I can't see us spending much to improve next year so those player swill have to make the core of the team.  Sad but true.  More likely will be Jonas, Enrique and Colo leaving.

Harper, Enrique, Colo, S Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Barton, Jonas, Lovenkrands, Ameobi

That leaves R Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Smith, Pancrate to sell. Not much of a clearout, although maybe Ranger could go out on loan

I'm concerned about the number of "when we get promoted" threads though. We've not had a league match since December...

This only without selling Smith. Think he really does well in his position and is a natural leader.

Can't believe how many here would like to sell Nolan. He's probably been our player of the season so far and has played in the Premier League for years so I don't see a problem with him.

I also think we can't sell so many players like some on here would like to do as we will never ever buy that many players under Ashley. There will only be very small changes imo.

Harper

Colo

Taylor

Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Jonas

I think Nolan will do exactly the job he is doing now no matter what division he is in. IMHO that won't be a bad thing if Smith raises him game next season.

Thing is I wouldnt want a centre mid pairing of the two of them, and at prem level I think Smith, in his current form would offer more in terms of protection of the defence and discipline that Nolan would as an attacking, creative midfielder.

But.... If they go up they will have earnt the right to be there so they would deserve a crack.

Harper

Colo

Taylor

Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Jonas

Thing is I wouldnt want a centre mid pairing of the two of them, and at prem level I think Smith, in his current form would offer more in terms of protection of the defence and discipline that Nolan would as an attacking, creative midfielder.

But.... If they go up they will have earnt the right to be there so they would deserve a crack.

Also the fact that the fat one won't spend means they WILL be given a chance.

Smith's fucking gash, he should be out the door directly after Butt.

Won't be though.

Him and Enrique have been our best players this season, surely your opinion is based on anything prior to this season.

This only without selling Smith. Think he really does well in his position and is a natural leader.

Can't believe how many here would like to sell Nolan. He's probably been our player of the season so far and has played in the Premier League for years so I don't see a problem with him.

I also think we can't sell so many players like some on here would like to do as we will never ever buy that many players under Ashley. There will only be very small changes imo.

Because apart from his goals he offers very little to the team.

Yeah, yeah it sounds ridiculous but it's very true. He's playing the position where it's important he can be actively involved in the middle and look to be the one player to pass and dictate play. He seems a sound guy but apart from his ability (in this division) to take goalscoring positions and convert chances he really does have a negative output on the team, which I have no doubt will stick out embarrasingly for him/us next season - just like it did the back end of lasts season.

Because apart from his goals he offers very little to the team.

Yeah, yeah it sounds ridiculous but it's very true. He's playing the position where it's important he can be actively involved in the middle and look to be the one player to pass and dictate play. He seems a sound guy but apart from his ability (in this division) to take goalscoring positions and convert chances he really does have a negative output on the team, which I have no doubt will stick out embarrasingly for him/us next season - just like it did the back end of lasts season.

I still believe he offers enough to be kept at least as a squad member. Maybe not as an automatic starter what he is very much at the moment.