Public Transport

MKSC

I need some advice from the locals on the Public Transport up your way.

I'm planning on coming up for the Preston game on February 20th. Normally it wouldn't be an issue as I'd just drive up or get the train in and out on the day. However, it's my wife's birthday that day, she's got the week off work, it's half term and she's suggested we take the kids up and go for a few days to see my Gran in Easington. Obviously the simple thing to do would be drive up but don't let it be said that my wife is a simple woman. Oh no, she hates the drive and is adamant we get the train.

But a taxi from the city to Easington costs the best part of £40 I tell her, and we have to go back afterwards. That's a no go as the money situation is a little tight, what with train tickets, hotel for a couple of nights, match tickets and food.

Can anybody tell me how in the name of all things holy do I get from Newcastle to Easington using public transport. Gold stars are available for either the quickest or cheapest route.

Cheers.

easington is also the most depressing place in britain. it has a depression cloud above it and can make you feel down at 800yds. black dogs roam the place and rumour has it the railway veers left to avoid it.

easington is also the most depressing place in britain. it has a depression cloud above it and can make you feel down at 800yds. black dogs roam the place and rumour has it the railway veers left to avoid it.

Racist!!!1111!!11

If 'Easington' means the Easington village then you need a 61 to Sunderland then the metro to Toon.

If 'Easington' means Easington Lane then the X1 is cock on.

The village, just near the Civic Centre.

I mostly agree, but my gran has lived in the village her whole life and she's 84 so I got little chance of moving her now. Used to go there when I was a kid and it's changed a hell of a lot since then. My mum left in 1973 and never moved back.

Racist!!!1111!!11

it's a well used literature term for depression.

sorry though as i don't believe it made it into janet and john.

Racist!!!1111!!11

Wasn't being completely serious tbh.

Racist!!!1111!!11

half serious maybe ?

Racist!!!1111!!11

half serious maybe ?

Nope. Just being a wanker tbh. :thup:

Racist!!!1111!!11

half serious maybe ?

Nope. Just being a w***** tbh. :thup:

me or you ?

i've been an annoying twat most of the night.

Racist!!!1111!!11

half serious maybe ?

me or you ?

i've been an annoying twat most of the night.

Me.

Racist!!!1111!!11

half serious maybe ?

me or you ?

i've been an annoying t*** most of the night.

Me.

me