Football Finances

LoveItIfWeBeatU

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/rangers-in-crisis-the-herald-explains-rangers-financial-web-and-reveals-tax-claim-that-could-cripple-club-1.1023558

I wonder if they've got any s*** central defenders we can take off them for an extortionate fee.

those nice friendly chaps at glasgow rangers seem to be in a spot of bother.

just a rough guess mick but was there supposed to be a smiley there ?

edit....oh no you've been taking lessons in the lanky scholl of quoting.

just a rough guess mick but was there supposed to be a smiley there ?

edit....oh no you've been taking lessons in the lanky scholl of quoting.

:lol:

You can have the smiley now, I hadn't scrolled past your last line.   :-[

Just read that Rangers have been granted a guaranteed spot in the group phase after Bayern won. If Lyon had went to win the whole thing they would have got one instead, who now goes to the winner of the SPL.

Probably do even worse than last time since they are unlikely to be changing their squad for the better.

Shcoking that they have only signed one player since the start of the 2008/2009 season, and that was on loan. How bad have Celtic been to lose consecutive league titles to them.

Shcoking that they have only signed one player since the start of the 2008/2009 season, and that was on loan. How bad have Celtic been to lose consecutive league titles to them.

bad enough to sell some of their better players to boro and we can see what effect they had there.

just thinking of sheff weds today. i wonder if they can keep their fan base, what would be the difference financially between the championship and the first division ?.

just thinking of sheff weds today. i wonder if they can keep their fan base, what would be the difference financially between the championship and the first division ?.

a bit but obviously not near as big a gulf as prem to championship plus look at leicester league one to play offs in championship in 12 months

a bit but obviously not near as big a gulf as prem to championship plus look at leicester league one to play offs in championship in 12 months

Yeah, same as Leeds... oh wait.

Yeah, same as Leeds... oh wait.

leeds had a 15 points deduction 1st time round and bottling it this and last season

Liverpool post £54.9m loss as debts continue to rise 

By Matt Slater 

Liverpool's parent company posted a huge loss of £54.9m for the year ended on 31 July 2009 as debt interest payments and severance costs hit hard.

The loss was 34% worse than 2008's figure as £40.1m went on servicing the club's £351.4m debt to Royal Bank of Scotland and US firm Wachovia.

Pay-offs to senior staff, including former chief executive Rick Parry, accounted for a further £4.3m.

BBC Sport understands that Parry's severance package was £3m.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8668320.stm

Imagine how much worse that would be without any Champions League money.......................

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

WE'll find out end of next season, when this season's reports are released! I imagine if they recieved any offers for Torres/Gerrard they'd take them, likewise if any club offered Rafa a job, they'd let him go for the comp money.

WE'll find out end of next season, when this season's reports are released! I imagine if they recieved any offers for Torres/Gerrard they'd take them, likewise if any club offered Rafa a job, they'd let him go for the comp money.

We'll not find out at the end of next season, it will be the season after.

Posted this on a Spurs board, but considering the new squad regulations Liverpool have 4 (out of 8) homegrown players in the first XI/subs. Essentially they have no money, are losing money, their manager allegedly has a clause in his contract requiring it to be paid in full if he is sacked, they are no longer in the Champions League and they're relying on kids who would normally never even get on the coach to make their homegrown quota. Mint.

Interesting thread on RAWK

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=12f463203efe4bfdf4dcf97ab51bf352&topic=257942.0

Without the Champions League, Liverpool are looking quite f*cked.

Portsmouth wil be forgotten about as a Premier League mess once the FA Cup final is out of the way.

A high profile club like Liverpool hitting the rocks might force something to be done about the state the game has ended up in.

No tears from me if it happens.

Interesting thread on RAWK

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=12f463203efe4bfdf4dcf97ab51bf352&topic=257942.0

Without the Champions League, Liverpool are looking quite f*cked.

Portsmouth wil be forgotten about as a Premier League mess once the FA Cup final is out of the way.

A high profile club like Liverpool hitting the rocks might force something to be done about the state the game has ended up in.

No tears from me if it happens.

At least we have Ashley and our finances in order :angel:

I don't think the media have quite caught up with how serious the situation at Liverpool is. We've never had a major club go bust before, but there's always a first time. Just because it's Liverpool doesn't mean it can't happen.

You wonder about the attitude of the Americans. In their sports, franchises are moving between different cities all the time. In Europe, the football club is a very important part of a city's identity and culture. It's more than just a business.