Mc Canns suing a copper in Portugal

Rob W

Missed this in the Christmas rush - apparently he said suggested that the baby was dead in the flat (neglect?) and they and their mates covered things up ,,,,,,, so they're suing him for zillions

stranger and stranger this case......................... 

Wonder whatever happened to that kid?

I bet the copper wasn't far off with his theory.

Both should have been jailed for the neglect, how they get away blameless and scot free is disgusting.

Guest toonlass

Wonder whatever happened to that kid?

I bet the copper wasn't far off with his theory.

Both should have been jailed for the neglect, how they get away blameless and scot free is disgusting.

You can guarantee if they hadn't been doctors and upper middle class then they would have faced a hell of a lot more repercussions for leaving their kids unattended.

Leaving Kids Unattended in the UK is bad enough, on holiday is criminal imo, i would never ever do anything of the sort!

should be locked up and have their existing kids taken away

why is it worse on holiday ?

contrary to popular belief it isn't illegal to leave kids in a house/dwelling unattended.

Guest toonlass

Leaving Kids Unattended in the UK is bad enough, on holiday is criminal imo, i would never ever do anything of the sort!

contrary to popular belief it isn't illegal to leave kids in a house/dwelling unattended.

It may not be illegal but it's not on.

when the incident happened, the parents amongst us discussed if we'd ever done anything similar and each of us had. wether it be nipping next door for 5mins when the kids were asleep, or popping to the shop 100yds  away when they were asleep. i myself have been in  next doors garden for an  hour whilst my kids were asleep.

the rant that it would have been different had they been working class is crass and stupid. think of the women who have been put away for supposed infanticide when it turned out to be IDS. that didn't matter what class they were or if you mean the treatment from the press, well you mustn't have read the coverage.

True but the young persons act sort of covers the UK goverment,

There is no legal age limit for leaving a child on their own, but it is an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. Parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised ‘in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health’ (Children and Young Person’s Act).

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Yourchildshealthandsafety/Yourchildssafetyinthehome/DG_070594

Guest toonlass

when the incident happened, the parents amongst us discussed if we'd ever done anything similar and each of us had. wether it be nipping next door for 5mins when the kids were asleep, or popping to the shop 100yds  away when they were asleep. i myself have been in  next doors garden for an  hour whilst my kids were asleep.

the rant that it would have been different had they been working class is crass and stupid. think of the women who have been put away for supposed infanticide when it turned out to be IDS. that didn't matter what class they were or if you mean the treatment from the press, well you mustn't have read the coverage.

Did I rant man? Get over yourself Madras. You have been in a right stroppy fettle for ages. They were wrong to leave those bairns so they could go and eat. They didn't deserve for the child to go missing, but they put her at risk by not hiring the babysitting service to look after them, or actually eating together as a family which is what we have always done when we go on holiday.

There is no legal age limit for leaving a child on their own, but it is an offence to leave a child alone if it places them at risk. Parents can be prosecuted if they leave a child unsupervised ‘in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to health’ (Children and Young Person’s Act).

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Yourchildshealthandsafety/Yourchildssafetyinthehome/DG_070594

i doubt that would have covered this case. it's more for the type of "parents go on holiday leaving a 10yr old in charge" type scenario, or leaving a 3yr old to fend for itself while mum/dad does a 10hr shift.

this is more "the kids were asleep and we were in a neighbours garden" type scenario.

Did I rant man? Get over yourself Madras. You have been in a right stroppy fettle for ages. They were wrong to leave those bairns so they could go and eat. They didn't deserve for the child to go missing, but they put her at risk by not hiring the babysitting service to look after them, or actually eating together as a family which is what we have always done when we go on holiday.

Totally spot on blu, it was and still is wilfull neglect. The needs of your children should always come before your needs period.

the thing about them being middle class was a constant them of yours from the first time round.

i doubt that would have covered this case. it's more for the type of "parents go on holiday leaving a 10yr old in charge" type scenario, or leaving a 3yr old to fend for itself while mum/dad does a 10hr shift.

this is more "the kids were asleep and we were in a neighbours garden" type scenario.

this is more "the kids were asleep and we were in a neighbours garden" type scenario.  WTF it was nothing like that at all.

It was more a "lets put the kids to bed and go and get something to eat and have a few drinks" type scenario

Guest toonlass

the thing about them being middle class was a constant them of yours from the first time round.

Was I even registered on here when she went missing?

EDIT: Just checked and sorry Madras but have a go at someone else, cos I wasn't registered then, so I didn't say anything about them being middle class the first time round. Now stop being a miserable, twisty old man and cheer up.

How far were they eating/drinking from the apartment?

in view. about 70yds i think.

i wouldn't have done what they did but they way some have attacked it is as if proof has been found that they killed the child.

EDIT: Just checked and sorry Madras but have a go at someone else, cos I wasn't registered then, so I didn't say anything about them being middle class the first time round. Now stop being a miserable, twisty old man and cheer up.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,39390.msg1011971.html#msg1011971

:razz:

To be fair that's the only time you mentioned class in relation to this (that I can find).

1 metre, 100 metres  1000 metres, the distance is irrelivant imho.

I'm sorry dave but that shouldn't really matter, The fact is they intentionally left there children alone in an apartment.

I'm sorry dave but that shouldn't really matter, The fact is they intentionally left there children alone in an apartment.

I agree, was just wondering about the comparison with being in next door's garden.

If they were eating and drinking 1 metre away I am sure they could be let off  :razz:

my apologies  if it wasn't you that time. however you have made the accusation (the middle class treatment) this time and it's still so much rubbish.