Oktoberfest

Coco

Wern't they thinking about cancelling it because of terrorism threats?

Nah. They heard a bunch of Geordies were planning on going and they just shat themselves in fear realising they'd run out of beer in hours.

• 4 years later...

Based on a few days at a mini Oktoberfest in Berlin I'd absolutely love to go to the real thing.

I've heard you should book a table in the popular tents as they get busy, but bear in mind I don't actually know anything about it.

Guest firetotheworks

You won't like it, they won't have an Irish bar.

:lol: I'm not one of those ones.

There are subcategories? You're all like flies on shite like, fucking on it, everywhere.

I remember going to Dublin and a bloke actually said 'top of the mornin' to ya'....the antidote to breakfast.

There are subcategories? You're all like flies on shite like, fucking on it, everywhere.

I remember going to Dublin and a bloke actually said 'top of the mornin' to ya'....the antidote to breakfast.

Was he American?

Guest firetotheworks

There are subcategories? You're all like flies on s**** like, f***ing on it, everywhere.

Was he American?

Nah, he is Irish.

I did it in 2010. I went Monday to Friday, 5 days straight. I was absolutely wrecked by the end of the week. Its unreal though. Best thing to do is to get to the show grounds reasonably early, that way you can get some lunch and have a beer in a few different tents. By 4 o'clock you want to have your seat/table sorted for the night and stay there until closing time. If you are in a small group (2-3), you will have a bit of luck  getting a table or a standing spot in one of the bigger tents. Any bigger and you will want to book a table. My favourite tent at night was definitely the Hofbrau, mainly because its the biggest and loudest, and Im a rowdy drunk Aussie. I think you are looking at 10 euros per stein, and you might want to tip the wench. That way she will look after you for the night ;).

Will be there this year as usual and it's great when you like those kind of "partys".

I would recommend everyone to rent a table, though (which won't be possible for "normal prices" for that year so close to it happening).

You can be there during the week early in the day (pre 12.00 midday) and you will find a table with a bit of luck. You'll then have to drink a lot as they throw you out if you don't.

Arrive in the evening and you won't get a table for a group of 4 people + hands down. Saying that, you'll be lucky to get into one of the big tents from 9.00 in the evening or so.

• 5 years later...