Northern Rock Plc sign 4 year shirt sponsorship deal.

Skirge

So your deal averages out to 2,5m per season. Although I guess it's a lower figure for the CCC that then rises if you get promoted.

The bad thing of your deals expiring while being in the CCC is the lower figures the companies will offer you at this point, it's important that you still get good deals, since they will last you for a few years.

Guest toonlass

Tbh, I would prefer to be sponsored by Northern Rock than a betting company. I would have prefered even more that we had put the Sir Bobby Robson or the North Northumberland Hospice or something on our shirts, but with Mike Ashley in charge that was never going to happen.

Tbh, I would prefer to be sponsored by Northern Rock than a betting company. I would have prefered even more that we had put the Sir Bobby Robson or the North Northumberland Hospice or something on our shirts, but with Mike Ashley in charge that was never going to happen.

yeah, i've got to agree. i hate seeing betting websites as shirt sponsors

I'm not to botherd about Northern Rock sponsoring us, infact I'm pleased a local company is sponsoring us, so long as we get a good deal. It's just that I don't really want the fairly cheap looking Virgin Logo slapped across our chests, and as things stand Northern Rock within the next 6 months - 1 year is going to be bought and re-branded Virgin Bank.

Still, I wounder if in future season ticket holders will have access to cheaper flights, and reductions on rail travel, virgin media etc and better savings and mortgage deals? I doubt it but you never know.

So January looks like being a good month for Ashley - £10m profit instead of the usual £7m.

Wouldnt that be 17m then? NUST will be getting the email drafted as we speak

It may be an unexpected windfall profit in which case you are right - so it looks like this club is nothing but a cash machine   :kasper:

Thank goodness we can finally move forward as a club now that the last of the hindrances to Ashley running the club properly have been removed and this massive revenue stream has been restored. Let the good times roll.

We were close to get a Betfair sponsorship before settling with the UNICEF scheme, it was fan opposition what blocked it  :thup:

Absolutely gutted had we got a betting site sponsor.

:thup: i'm so glad you didn't get betfair.

love the barca kit, would hate to see it defaced with a betting site like real madrid's or ac milan's

For all those worried about having Virgin on our shirts, its just as likely that Tesco will be the ones to buy out Northern Rock (the good bit)

Tesco's are more interested in forming their own bank by having instore branches, along with buying branches that RBS, and Lloyd TSB have to sell off aswell as some of the Allience & Liecester branches Abbey will sell before it is merged with them fully.