Northern Rock Plc sign 4 year shirt sponsorship deal.

Skirge

Guest Roger Kint

£10m over 4 years is s****.

Compared to established Premier League teams like Everton and Fulham its not. Beleive it or not NUFC isnt the huge draw you think it is

Fulham gets 3 million from LG per season, and Everton signed a three-year deal worth 8 million with Chang Beer last year.

£10m over 4 years is s****.

Doesn't sound too bad compared to those above - and, let's face it, the world has changed of late and the appeal of financial sponsorship isn't what it was.

Guest johnson293

As mentioned before, whatever the amount is, at least this sponsorship money should hopefully come through year by year as a constant revenue, instead of being spunked all at once on a single player, like last time.

For the people complaing at it not being as much as last time - back then, we were in Europe most seasons, in some form or other - so the sponsorship/advertising was worth more.

I guess not being a Prem club means a lower price BUT look at how many shirts this club sells AND the fact we may very well be A Prem club next season. If the new Puma kit is nice then I reckon your looking at about 100,000 home shirts being sold, tats a shitload of walking advertisement.

Guest Roger Kint

I guess not being a Prem club means a lower price BUT look at how many shirts this club sells AND the fact we may very well be A Prem club next season. If the new Puma kit is nice then I reckon your looking at about 100,000 home shirts being sold, tats a shitload of walking advertisement.

How many people use a product based on seeing it on a football shirt? I have never felt inclined to buy Chang Beer/Carlsberg etc after watching a Merseyside derby. I dont think Northern Rock get too much business on the back of seeing a fat geordie in a shirt tbh

How many people use a product based on seeing it on a football shirt? I have never felt inclined to buy Chang Beer/Carlsberg etc after watching a Merseyside derby. I dont think Northern Rock get too much business on the back of seeing a fat geordie in a shirt tbh

Incredibly short sighted. Advertising is far more complex than that.

Considering Chang is quite a decent beer, I reckon there's something wrong with you if you don't feel inclined to buy it :pow:

And your dead right BUT the same go's for their logo being in a match day programe or on billboards around the pitch. TV adverts are where most get their business yet football sponsoeship is massive business and shirt sales are a big part of that.

And your dead right BUT the same go's for their logo being in a match day programe or on billboards around the pitch. TV adverts are where most get their business yet football sponsoeship is massive business and shirt sales are a big part of that.

Aye, it's down to people taste really. Just because some aren't affected by what they see on a football shirt, others are.

For example I think TV adverts are pointless - I've never once looked at one and said "Wow! I need that" - in fact, I always leave the room when they're on, but that doesn't stop them being the biggest advertise pullers.

Guest Roger Kint

Incredibly short sighted. Advertising is far more complex than that.

This was based on 100000 shirts though

No idea why we went for a 4 year deal instead of a yearly or two years one. If we get promoted, then this would count as a seriously lost of potential revenue (up to £2m or £3m per year), and combined that with the fact that the economy will look much better in a year, we should have signed a much shorter deal.

I hadn't heard of Chang before they sponsored Everton, and tried on on the back of now knowing that it existed.

No idea why we went for a 4 year deal instead of a yearly or two years one. If we get promoted, then this would count as a seriously lost of potential revenue (up to £2m or £3m per year), and combined that with the fact that the economy will look much better in a year, we should have signed a much shorter deal.

Football might be fucked in 2 years time though money wise

Considering Chang is quite a decent beer, I reckon there's something wrong with you if you don't feel inclined to buy it :pow:

Singha beer is better. If you ever have a chance, try it.

I actually see Thai companies advertising in Thai on the advertising boards next to the pitch in many stadiums and their target (and well, only) audience is the people here in Thailand. That's how much these companies are willing to pour into their advertising budget.

I don't see how that's relevant when the companies that give us money aren't football clubs nor companies that have their business directly related to football.

I don't see how that's relevant when the companies that give us money aren't football clubs nor companies that have their business directly related to football.

If (when) the football gravy train grinds to a halt (and the signs are there that it is happening already) then advertising deals/sponsorships will decrease in size

For all those worried about having Virgin on our shirts, its just as likely that Tesco will be the ones to buy out Northern Rock (the good bit)

Tesco's are more interested in forming their own bank by having instore branches, along with buying branches that RBS, and Lloyd TSB have to sell off aswell as some of the Allience & Liecester branches Abbey will sell before it is merged with them fully.

If the government sell off the 'good bank' (which is the one that will be sponsoring NUFC) within a year they are idiots and deserve to be shot. Why sell when the Financial market is at a low? They might as well hang on to Northern Rock and their Lloyds TSB and RBS shares until banking is booming again and then sell high.

If Virgin, Tesco or Metro (some American bank) do buy Northern Rock surely the deal would have changed and therefore they wouldn't have to sponsor NUFC any more?

Anyway, I now await a huge number of 'Daily Mail' readers and Southern tossers to start complaining that public money is being spent on NUFC via this sponsorship deal.

For all those worried about having Virgin on our shirts, its just as likely that Tesco will be the ones to buy out Northern Rock (the good bit)

Tesco's are more interested in forming their own bank by having instore branches, along with buying branches that RBS, and Lloyd TSB have to sell off aswell as some of the Allience & Liecester branches Abbey will sell before it is merged with them fully.

If the government sell off the 'good bank' (which is the one that will be sponsoring NUFC) within a year they are idiots and deserve to be shot. Why sell when the Financial market is at a low? They might as well hang on to Northern Rock and their Lloyds TSB and RBS shares until banking is booming again and then sell high.If Virgin, Tesco or Metro (some American bank) do buy Northern Rock surely the deal would have changed and therefore they wouldn't have to sponsor NUFC any more?

Anyway, I now await a huge number of 'Daily Mail' readers and Southern tossers to start complaining that public money is being spent on NUFC via this sponsorship deal.

Well there's every chance that will happen. Bradford and Bingley was nationalised and then spilt into "good" (savings and deposits) and "bad" (mortgages). The "good" was sold off to the Spanish Bank, Santander, for £612m. This was a decent deal for Santander - they acquired £20 billion of savings and deposits in cash, and only paid £612m for it. Idiots at work tbh...And there was also the story of this country's gold reserves, but I won't go there.