West Bromwich Albion Vs. Newcastle United Sat. Jan 23rd 2010 3pm KO

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Roger Kint

I thought Lua Lua preferred to play central mid/up front? Stange to want real wingers then leave one out for another player out of position if so ???

What annoys me is the first team lacks balance in the midfield and why bring in a player like Pancrate, who is not even quick when you have a promising youngster with some experience in the squad. Often i feel managers jump the gun and dont look at what they have before deciding who to offer a contract to.

The team as a whole lacks balance, for example 3 central/ defensive midfielders in the midfield 4, with the most attacking full back playing with the only out and out winger. This is why i would like to change manager if we get promoted, because for me the managers main job is to get the team selection right and from there i look at how the team performs.

I dont believe Hughton picks the right team.

We played with a balanced team against Plymouth and absolutely coasted it. Admittefly it was poor opposition, but the two wide players did make the football a bit more flowing.

That was an example but it is all over the park the problems. None of the selection tactically makes sense. On the LuaLua front, it just annoys me that we shove the development of promising young players further back by bringing in average or lower players. Kazenga had a few sub appearances a couple of seasons back and did well, yet we bring in Pancrate and rate him higher because of his experience although from what i have seen he is quite terrible. Players like Tozer and Baheng need to be encouraged, getting some bench times, and this development should only be pushed back if a very good player comes in. I would say the same with Ranger/ Harewood. Hrewood isnt great so give Ranger the game time. Let him get the experience to establish himself and be a better player.

I'd like to see Ranger start. I don't understand why people would prefer a loss than a draw, because we should be playing to progress in every competition we play in.

Draw = extra game = extra chance of key players getting injured.

I'd like to see Ranger start. I don't understand why people would prefer a loss than a draw, because we should be playing to progress in every competition we play in.

I appreciate that. I still think we should be going all out to win the game.

Guest Brummiemag

I appreciate that. I still think we should be going all out to win the game.

Agree 100%, to rather lose a game than get a draw because of potential injuries is risk averse in the extreme and an insult to the travelling fans  The FA Cup is important in its own right

We've got a great chance of getting to the last 16, lets go for it and if it means a replay then so be it 

Brummiemag; i know i sound proper arsey but i mean - what does anyone get out of getting to the Last Sixteen? ??? What sort of achievement is that? I'd rather win than lose, obviously, i hate seeing us lose any match - but the FA Cup is near meaningless nowadays. To 88 teams in the league, not just us.

Brummiemag; i know i sound proper arsey but i mean - what does anyone get out of getting to the Last Sixteen? ??? What sort of achievement is that? I'd rather win than lose, obviously, i hate seeing us lose any match - but the FA Cup is near meaningless nowadays. To 88 teams in the league, not just us.

Tell Portsmouth & Cardiff fans that.

Then what would be the point of anything if you view it all as hypothetical? What are the chances of Newcastle United winning the F.A Cup? We all know it's beyond extremely unlikely, but is that reason to want to lose the football match for other benefits? I hope not. I don't like any decision that is in fear, because it tells me that they're doing something incorrect.

What is the point in getting promoted?

We're not going to win the Premier League next season.

I don't want us to lose. I'd support the eleven that were on the pitch like fuck.

I'd just rather we didn't sacrifice our crucial players for a competition that means nothing to us this season.

If we got promotion, why would it mean more to us next season?

What's the point in finishing top 16 in the Premier League? Might as well not bother at all unless you've got a chance of winning.

What is the point in getting promoted?

We're not going to win the Premier League next season.

That seems to be the generic argument for this and it's absolute nonsense; it's a completely different situation. I don't want us to lose - i just don't want us to play our best players. If Coloccini or Enrique got injured for a cause that is utterly hopeless, severely hampering our chances of promotion, it'd be absolutely ridiculous.