West Bromwich Albion Vs. Newcastle United Sat. Jan 23rd 2010 3pm KO

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I don't want us to lose. I'd support the eleven that were on the pitch like fuck.

I'd just rather we didn't sacrifice our crucial players for a competition that means nothing to us this season.

If we got promotion, why would it mean more to us next season?

If we were fighting for our lives to stay up, and had a good chance of doing so due to some key individuals, the Cup would mean the same as it does this season - nowt. If we're comfortably mid-table then the Cup would be different; it'd be nice to see how far we could progress cos Cup runs are a nice add-on to a season, no doubt.

I'd rather we just put it to a side this year. There are far more pressing matters.

I don't want us to lose. I'd support the eleven that were on the pitch like fuck.

I'd just rather we didn't sacrifice our crucial players for a competition that means nothing to us this season.

If we were fighting for our lives to stay up, and had a good chance of doing so due to some key individuals, the Cup would mean the same as it does this season - nowt. If we're comfortably mid-table then the Cup would be different; it'd be nice to see how far we could progress cos Cup runs are a nice add-on to a season, no doubt.

I'd rather we just put it to a side this year. There are far more pressing matters.

So all cups shouldn't be treated seriously unless you're a top half side? Secondly, it's just another game. I would be more concerned at getting beat and getting into bad habits; i.e Losing.

So all cups shouldn't be treated seriously unless you're a top half side? Secondly, it's just another game. I would be more concerned at getting beat and getting into bad habits; i.e Losing.

Well no, not really - i think our case is a bit more unique. I'll admit i maybe a went a bit over the top with the 'it means nowt to 88 clubs' comment; but as our say, i think our situation is different. It is so incredibly crucial that we go up this year (cos i think a lot of people will fuck off if we don't, and it'll get harder and harder from then on) - and we've got a small squad. An injury to a key player just doesn't bare thinking about - that's all i'm saying.

Just another thing, that i'd quite like to put a lid on, i don't want us to lose. :lol: I'm not sure where that's come from.

Well no, not really - i think our case is a bit more unique. I'll admit i maybe a went a bit over the top with the 'it means nowt to 88 clubs' comment; but as our say, i think our situation is different. It is so incredibly crucial that we go up this year (cos i think a lot of people will fuck off if we don't, and it'll get harder and harder from then on) - and we've got a small squad. An injury to a key player just doesn't bare thinking about - that's all i'm saying.

Just another thing, that i'd quite like to put a lid on, i don't want us to lose. :lol: I'm not sure where that's come from.

100% with you Yorkie.  Like you said, our position is far more precarious than other clubs.  We HAVE to go up this season.  We can't afford not too.  The FA Cup will be there next year.

I wasn't implying that. The fact we're playing a weakened team is the basis of why we have a bigger chance of losing.

Must be some serious agoraphobics on here.  "Oh no, don't play him, he might get hurt!"

It's their fucking job and they get paid thousands of pounds a week to do so.

Way to miss the point. They get injured, it jeopardises our season. Their wage-slip has nothing to do with it.

I'm kinda going round in circles here. In a nutshell, i don't want us to play our best players - cos increases the risks of injury and fatigue, and that's a risk not worth taking in our position. Fully respect everyone else's points - it's football and we should respect the game by going all out to win every single match. But there are exceptions.

IMO.

League > Cup.

Certainly this season anyway. Priority has to be to get up and I'd like us to play the kids and hope they win. If they don't, it's not the end of the world and we move on to Crystal Palace.

Guest Geordiesned

Sorry if already mentioned but if it's a draw today then it looks to me that we'll have 2 games in a midweek! The replay would be on the Tuesday or Wednesday and then Cardiff on the Friday.

Guest Geordiesned

The Reading match is on the date of 5th round replays not 4th. 4th round replays would be week commencing 1st Feb.

Would much rather be promoted this season than win the FA Cup to be honest.

:kasper:

I'd go close-ish to full strength today. It won't be played, but my team (depending on availability) would probably be as below:

Krul

R Taylor Kadar Colo Enrique

Pancrate Guthrie Butt Gutierrez

Ranger Carroll