West Bromwich Albion Vs. Newcastle United Sat. Jan 23rd 2010 3pm KO

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Butt does NOT play.

NUFC: Tim Krul, Ryan Taylor, Tamas Kadar, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Fabrice Pancrate, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith ©, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

Subs: Steve Harper, Shola Ameobi, Kazenga LuaLua, Nile Ranger, Ben Tozer, Shane Ferguson, Ryan Donaldson

Butt does NOT play.

NUFC: Tim Krul, Ryan Taylor, Tamas Kadar, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Fabrice Pancrate, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith ©, Jonas Gutierrez, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

Subs: Steve Harper, Shola Ameobi, Kazenga LuaLua, Nile Ranger, Ben Tozer, Shane Ferguson, Ryan Donaldson

Seems a very decent line-up and finally Guthrie in the middle! Hopefully Hughton will give the youngsters Ranger, LuaLua and Donaldson a chance

What is up with Butt, then? Not even on't bench?

Radio Newcastle still think he's playing, I reckon it must be a late injury for him to be not even on the bench.

Late tackle from Smith more than likely. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Nolan's not suspended ever, the card amnesty already happened.

So the fifth yellow card of the season he picked up against West Brom doesn't count?

It increases to 10 during the season otherwise it would be plain stupid to get a suspension for 5 yellows in 40 odd games

So the fifth yellow card of the season he picked up against West Brom doesn't count?

Huh? It counts, but only towards the ten you now need.

I thought it was a week until the suspension counted? ergo, he'll be banned for the Palace game.

I thought it was a week until the suspension counted? ergo, he'll be banned for the Palace game.

That's what I thought, but apparently the amnesty has already happened. Like Keefaz has said, that seems awfully early which is what had me puzzled.

Guest Roger Kint

Speaking of the yellow card amnesty: why have they brought it forward so much this season? Used to be mid-February or something, didn't it?

It was the weekending 8th Feb last season iirc