Nottingham Forest reject 'derisory' offer for James Perch

Guest PJ87

Hmmm, we are padding/trying to pad out the squad with Championship type players.

Its a gamble, we have no idea if these type of signings would be up to Prem levels.

If we do get up, its going to be sink or swim unless (ha ha) a boat load of expensive signings are made.

Next time I run into Guardiola (he lives in the same small town where my parents live in Catalonia) I have to ask him to loan somebody to you lot.

Joking aside, I happen to know a Forest fan and he tells me this guy's shite and he's starting the engine to drive him to Newcastle.

Guest Splodgely

He's defensively minded but better on the ball than most of our lot in the centre of the park.

No, he isn't. He's defensively minded because he's a defender. He can tackle, but I wouldn't trust him with a long pass or to show some flair. I want a decent fee for him simply because we have no back-up to Gunter and Perch is more than good enough to hold his own if need be, but I doubt he'll become more than a squad player for us.

He's defensively minded but better on the ball than most of our lot in the centre of the park.

No, he isn't. He's defensively minded because he's a defender. He can tackle, but I wouldn't trust him with a long pass or to show some flair. I want a decent fee for him simply because we have no back-up to Gunter and Perch is more than good enough to hold his own if need be, but I doubt he'll become more than a squad player for us.

:lol:

He's better on the ball than Butt, Nolan and Smith from what i've seen.

Guest Splodgely

still wish we'd went for Gunter in the summer, premiership quality full back and easily better than Simpson. I'd also rather go for the likes of cohen, anderson, majewski, mcgugan than perch.

You'd certainly have to splash the cash to get any of that lot. I think we've got dibs on Majewski, but if we don't go up, I can't see him staying.

He's really not very good on the ball, I don't see where people get this from. He can keep play going with short passes though.

For what my friend tells me he is a card magnet and gives out a lot of unnecessary fouls in dangerous positions. He loves to tackle. He grants that he has a great engine, but has some kind of mental block that prevents him from getting near the halfway line. He thinks he's a better DM than RB. In no way he is comfortable on the ball, but doesn't risk possession and keeps it simple.

According to an article I just read he sees himself as a centreback long term and considers himself to be a defender first. Can play all across the back four too.

Doubt we are bringing him in to play anywhere in midfield tbh. This will be another option having failed to get Kilgallon.

I live in Nottingham and work in Ruddington where a lot of Forest players live. Drove past Perch walking his dog today, just coming out of his house. He's just bought himself a spanking new BMW in white.

Also saw him in the sandwich shop at the end of December. Seems like a very decent guy, had plenty of time to talk. He's a pretty good footballer, but I'm not sure he would really set the world alight. Having said that since he's come back from injury he's been pretty good, with one excellent performance.

His missus is constantly pregnant.

That is all.

Guest toonlass

:lol:

He's better on the ball than Butt, Nolan and Smith from what i've seen.

Is this on the weeks you're not at Elland Road?  O0

Guest toonlass

You can usually tell when a player has a semblance of creative ability with 3 televised games.

Do you not go to every single teams matches like?  :yikes: From the authority that you speak on each and every team you would think you did!  O0

Oh, a central midfielder. Just what we need. Well done Chris, you've excelled yourself with this one.

Butt, Nolan, Geremi, Smith, Barton and Guthrie mustn't be enough for us.

Thank god we've got 1 left winger and 1 right winger though. I'd hate to see us throw money away by investing in positions like that.  :facepalm:

This sounds like a classic money saving move.  Sign some guy that is mediocre at a lot of positions to provide cover.  He can probably do ok at a number of positions for short periods of time.  You just have to cross your fingers that injuries don't force him into the starting XI for an extended period of time.