Nottingham Forest reject 'derisory' offer for James Perch

Guest PJ87

We used to shop in all the decent shops, now we rake around the bins out the back of Aldi looking for scraps.

A very average player who wouldnt improve our first 11 one bit. And thats saying something considering the centre of our midfield. I assume all our scouts were paid off when Keegan left or they arent aloud outside of England. The standard we now go for is pathetic. The least we could do is try and sign some exciting young players, never mind someone who would improve our first team.

Oh, a central midfielder. Just what we need. Well done Chris, you've excelled yourself with this one.

Butt, Nolan, Geremi, Smith, Barton and Guthrie mustn't be enough for us.

Thank god we've got 1 left winger and 1 right winger though. I'd hate to see us throw money away by investing in positions like that.  :facepalm:

I watched the game last night and I don't think we had anyone playing in centre mid so this could be useful.

Oh, a central midfielder. Just what we need. Well done Chris, you've excelled yourself with this one.

Thank god we've got 1 left winger and 1 right winger though. I'd hate to see us throw money away by investing in positions like that.  :facepalm:

I watched the game last night and I don't think we had anyone playing in centre mid so this could be useful.

Very Stupid comment from Chris R..... This football club need midfielders more than anything else. Thats why we are in this league and thats why we are struggling at times.

Guest Splodgely

You can usually tell when a player has a semblance of creative ability with 3 televised games.

I'm one of the rare Forest fans who likes Perch, but if you actually think he has any creative ability, then you clearly know fuck all.

You can usually tell when a player has a semblance of creative ability with 3 televised games.

I'm one of the rare Forest fans who likes Perch, but if you actually think he has any creative ability, then you clearly know f*** all.

Why don't Forest fans like him?

Guest Splodgely

I said he has more than Butt, Smith and Nolan.

I know you guys lack creativity, but I'm damn sure that that isn't true. You underestimate his lack of creativity!

I'm one of the rare Forest fans who likes Perch, but if you actually think he has any creative ability, then you clearly know f*** all.

Why don't Forest fans like him?

As he's been forced to play for most of his time here in midfield, including in our 3 League One seasons, where his lack of culture showed and obviously, if you lack that in League One, then for some Forest fans, you're not good enough. However, he always did a good job of helping out the defence and you could always tell that he would be much better at the back.

Very Stupid comment from Chris R..... This football club need midfielders more than anything else. Thats why we are in this league and thats why we are struggling at times.

Utterly, utterly wrong.

We desperately need wingers.

We were doing "OK" until we sold N'Somnia and Milner, both of whom are doing well for their new clubs in the big boys league. We swapped those 2 for Duff and Jonas (Yeah, I know Duff was already here), the first of whom when not injured lived up to his name and the latter, for all his dribbling, couldn't pass water. That's why we're in this league. Though of course now Duff has been replaced with Pancrate which at this moment in time doesn't exactly look like an improvement.

We're therefore left with humping high balls up to the strikers, who despite being taller than last year's midget strikeforce of Owen and Martins are massively short of the quality of either of them. And that is why we're struggling at times.

More central midfielders will solve nothing, no matter who they are. We need width. Pace, creativity and someone who can bang a cross in so we don't look so hopelessly one-dimensional.

Utterly, utterly wrong.

We were doing "OK" until we sold N'Somnia and Milner, both of whom are doing well for their new clubs in the big boys league. We swapped those 2 for Duff and Jonas (Yeah, I know Duff was already here), the first of whom when not injured lived up to his name and the latter, for all his dribbling, couldn't pass water. That's why we're in this league. Though of course now Duff has been replaced with Pancrate which at this moment in time doesn't exactly look like an improvement.

We're therefore left with humping high balls up to the strikers, who despite being taller than last year's midget strikeforce of Owen and Martins are massively short of the quality of either of them. And that is why we're struggling at times.

More central midfielders will solve nothing, no matter who they are. We need width. Pace, creativity and someone who can bang a cross in so we don't look so hopelessly one-dimensional.

Completely disagree that losing the likes of N'Zogbia was the reason we dropped down a division, it had far more to do with the management of the club and some of the wasters that were left behind.  I also agree with the other two that our central midfield is shit and we could certainly do with a creative central midfielder, much more then we could do with a right winger (Jonas currently being the only player in our midfield who does any attacking at all).

Guest toonlass

Utterly, utterly wrong.

Completely disagree that losing the likes of N'Zogbia was the reason we dropped down a division, it had far more to do with the management of the club and some of the wasters that were left behind.  I also agree with the other two that our central midfield is shit and we could certainly do with a creative central midfielder, much more then we could do with a right winger (Jonas currently being the only player in our midfield who does any attacking at all).

Exactly the same thing to be honest. N'Zogbia was unhappy because of poor management, that poor management affected the whole team imo, and is the reason why we went down. It is all related. A happy dressing room makes a happy team. We haven't had stability management wise since Sir Bobby, and it shows in the way the players felt and the results we got.

Oh, I agree that management off the pitch was a massive factor too. You'll get no disagreement there.

I was merely talking about how to best go about improve the playing staff. I took the off-field shenanigans as a given.

Utterly, utterly wrong.

Exactly the same thing to be honest. N'Zogbia was unhappy because of poor management, that poor management affected the whole team imo, and is the reason why we went down. It is all related. A happy dressing room makes a happy team. We haven't had stability management wise since Sir Bobby, and it shows in the way the players felt and the results we got.

The fact that they are related doesn't make them exactly the same thing.  Basically my point is that Newcastle's management made a lot of mistakes last season that ended up sending us down, but selling that tit wasn't one of them IMO.

I've had this discussion on here before and I stand by my opinion of that prick.  Loads of potential and can be good when he's bothered, but he hadn't been bothered for a long time and was just as likely to be a burden to the team (even more so then our other players) then an advantage.