If you were a passenger in a car crash

Slim

If you were a passenger in a car crash even at about 5mph would you get out the car and look  

72 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a passenger in a car crash even at about 5mph would you get out the car and look

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

I got two letters to add to the first one.  So that makes it the passenger claims 2 weeks after the crash for being hurt.  Then the driver claims after annother 1-2 week and also a 3rd passenger i never even seen!!!

I know there was two people but would anyone really just sit in the car???

Oh and he has still not claimed on his insurance  :facepalm:

Not been in one, but been a passenger four times when we've been the first to the scene of an accident and it wasn't even a question if I'd stay in the car, so I imaginr I'd get out as well if I was the passenger in just a small crash. It's important imo to check if everyone is allright, even if it's just a bump.

My mate saw a car flip on the A66 the other day, reckoned the first three cars behind it just drove off, didn't bother to get out to see if they could help.

Been in two crashes as a passenger, didn't get out either time. Both were on the way to the festival and I was carefully packed in the back seat amongst camping gear etc, so I couldn't be arsed to get out as neither were very serious. Both times the drivers got out of each car and exchanged details, passengers from each car didn't move.

Thankfully, I have now learned not to accept a lift to a festival.  :lol:

I bumped into a bus once, like at 5mph. Didn't get out, just kind of made an apologetic wave to the bus driver.

Had one serious crash with a bus once that well stopped that service from running for the rest of the afternoon -  apologised to the bus driver and the passengers - needless to say they weren't too happy

EDIT: Oh and I was actually having a driving lesson at the time

I bumped into a bus once, like at 5mph. Didn't get out, just kind of made an apologetic wave to the bus driver.

Had one serious crash with a bus once that well stopped that service from running for the rest of the afternoon -  apologised to the bus driver and the passengers - needless to say they weren't too happy

EDIT: Oh and I was actually having a driving lesson at the time

:lol:

Sounds rather awkward.. at least you didn't have to deal with the insurance shit though.

• 2 months later...

Got shunted by some wifey while sat at a red light today, pulled over and checked my car - no obvious damage to hers or mine - she didn't offer her details (or bother to get out of her car).

Didn't ask for her details, but I made a note of the car make, model & reg just in case something comes up, should I have just taken her info anyways?

She said her foot had slipped off the brake...

Got shunted by some wifey while sat at a red light today, pulled over and checked my car - no obvious damage to hers or mine - she didn't offer her details (or bother to get out of her car).

Didn't ask for her details, but I made a note of the car make, model & reg just in case something comes up, should I have just taken her info anyways?

I would have took some, but at least you have those details I suppose.

I was stuck in traffic a few months back and tried to overtake this small white van so I could go into the right lane and turn right into a street, but I ended up going down the side of the van, scraping all of the paintwork and putting a canny dint in the door of my car. I turned right and pulled over and the bloke asked for my mobile number and name so I gave him it, nowt came of it thankfully, he said he couldn't be arsed with the insurance and wanted my number just in case.

Where there is blame there's a claim! I would have got her details and gone to the doctors. That is an easy 2 grand!

Where there is blame there's a claim! I would have got her details and gone to the doctors. That is an easy 2 grand!

IF she was insured.

Guest toonlass

I was in a crash in December and tore my rotator cuff muscle (in my shoulder). I am still having pain in my shoulder and was at the doctors last week and she reckons I need at least 6 weeks of physio (have already had 4) and that some of the pain is nerve pain, so am currently having to take co-codamol, brufen and amytryptoline. Am I suing the daft twat who pulled out into my car? Too damn right I am! Have my medical on 22nd April.

I was in a crash in December and tore my rotator cuff muscle (in my shoulder). I am still having pain in my shoulder and was at the doctors last week and she reckons I need at least 6 weeks of physio (have already had 4) and that some of the pain is nerve pain, so am currently having to take co-codamol, brufen and amytryptoline. Am I suing the daft t*** who pulled out into my car? Too damn right I am! Have my medical on 22nd April.

How much you going for? Aim high!

I was in a crash in December and tore my rotator cuff muscle (in my shoulder). I am still having pain in my shoulder and was at the doctors last week and she reckons I need at least 6 weeks of physio (have already had 4) and that some of the pain is nerve pain, so am currently having to take co-codamol, brufen and amytryptoline. Am I suing the daft t*** who pulled out into my car? Too damn right I am! Have my medical on 22nd April.

Perfectly justified. I think the OP is referring more to people who exaggerate and lie in order to steal people's money. Has the injury stopped you on your job at all? I feel like a torn rotator-cuff would hamper you at an office-type job.