Premiership trio track Forster.

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927
Skysports.com understands Premier League trio Tottenham, Arsenal and Stoke are tracking Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

Forster, who is on loan at Norwich from the Magpies, is regarded as one of the most promising English keepers in the country.

The 21-year-old has yet to make a first team appearance at St James' Park, but he has enjoyed loan spells at Stockport, Bristol Rovers and Norwich.

Forster has been earning rave reviews at League One hopefuls Norwich this season and Premier League scouts have been monitoring his progress.

Spurs have held a long-term interest in Forster and he could help solve Harry Redknapp's problem of bringing in cover for Heurelho Gomes with Carlo Cudicini out for the rest of the season.

Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger is also thought to be an admirer of Forster and is weighing up a move for the giant shot-stopper.

Stoke have now entered the race with doubts surrounding the future of Thomas Sorensen and Steve Simonsen at the Britannia Stadium.

Potters boss Tony Pulis is believed to be keen on signing Portsmouth veteran David James and Forster could be a good option as a No.2.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5875888,00.html

He seems to have progressed a lot the past few seasons, I'd rather see him stay but it depends what kind of money is put on the table, really.

Even then though, do you think Krul or Forster are happy to bench warm like Harper for a decade? It'll have to be a case of having a number 1 and 2 keeper between them, and whoever misses out will look for a new club without a doubt, especially at their age.

Not really, i think both could fight for the number one spot rather than one just playing backup.

I'm sure both would be delighted with the situation should it ever arise. Keepers mature much later than outfield players they've got plenty of time on their side, harper hasn't, and is on a huge wage, i'd sell him if we got a decent couple of mill for him.

Good to see him doing well, would like him to keep progressing then come back to us though. I've always thought he's looked pretty decent whenever I've seen him. A brave goal keeper, doesn't look the brightest though...

Even then though, do you think Krul or Forster are happy to bench warm like Harper for a decade? It'll have to be a case of having a number 1 and 2 keeper between them, and whoever misses out will look for a new club without a doubt, especially at their age.

Not really, i think both could fight for the number one spot rather than one just playing backup.

I'm sure both would be delighted with the situation should it ever arise. Keepers mature much later than outfield players they've got plenty of time on their side, harper hasn't, and is on a huge wage, i'd sell him if we got a decent couple of mill for him.

I'm sure there'd be a spell like 1999-2001 where there's a genuine fight, but there'll be a point in 2-3 years where there's a clear number 1. I guess we can worry about that when it gets to that point though. Unlike Harper though, I don't see the one who's lost out sitting around for the next 8 years.

Harper is on a huge wage? Really, or is that a guess? Can't imagine its huge.

I bet he's hanging around the wage cap Ashley has supposed to put on new signings.

You're probably right, but I would imagine there are others that quite significantly exceed his wages in our squad.

Guest Stephen927

Selling Harper now when he has been performing well for us this season in favour of keeping Fraser Forster happy just isn't an option for me.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

I'd sell Krul,  I'd rarther keep a player who is at least getting fist team experience all be it in Div One, than Krul who is getting the odd FA Cup game, and then the odd reserve game.

It will be false economy if we sell him now for a relatively small fee... we'll end up having to sign a keeper in a couple of seasons then.

We're very lucky to have one experienced and two upcoming quality keepers on the books... we should keep them together.

Guest Stephen927

Going by reports he's had a good season at Norwich, what I would do is send him out on loan next season again, but this time to a Championship team. I hope Forster does realise that he would only be a bench player at these teams, whereas here we can loan him out due to having one good goalkeeper and a couple of promising prospects.

I'd sell Krul,  I'd rarther keep a player who is at least getting fist team experience all be it in Div One, than Krul who is getting the odd FA Cup game, and then the odd reserve game.

This - and Forster is English as well, so foreign committments are not a problem...depends how good he actually IS, but if Wenger is interested, he's good alright...

I reckon we could get a couple of million from Krul and use it elsewhere in the team.  Forster looks like an excellent prospect, not that Krul doesn't, but him being English anarl, I could see Krul fucking off to someone like Milan at the first sign of him turining into Lev Yashin.