Havant and Waterlooville screwed over by Millwall fuckwits

James

On the local news earlier, non-league Havant & Waterlooville face massive financial problems caused by being drawn with Millwall at home in the FA Cup. Police decided that they would not allow Havant & Waterlooville to play Millwall without the game being moved to Fratton Park and Havant pay £35,000 to the police so that the police could have a large enough force to prepare for any hooligans, with Millwall being considered an extremely high-risk club.

In my opinion, Millwall should either be forced to pay for it (something they are as of now refusing to do), or they should be banned from the FA Cup for as long as their fans are considered high enough risk for the police to impose a financially ruining bill on any non-league club unlucky enough to draw them.

On the local news earlier, non-league Havant & Waterlooville face massive financial problems caused by being drawn with Millwall at home in the FA Cup. Police decided that they would not allow Havant & Waterlooville to play Millwall without the game being moved to Fratton Park and Havant pay £35,000 to the police so that the police could have a large enough force to prepare for any hooligans, with Millwall being considered an extremely high-risk club.

In my opinion, Millwall should either be forced to pay for it (something they are as of now refusing to do), or they should be banned from the FA Cup for as long as their fans are considered high enough risk for the police to impose a financially ruining bill on any non-league club unlucky enough to draw them.

Jesus Christ does common sense never prevail?  Fucking hell we have a shit FA tbh.

With you on that.

Millwall should be coughing up on this one or find themselves out of the cup.

Bunch of arsholes Millwall fans are, shame we couldn't just delete the club permanently out of our leagues.

With you on that.

Millwall should be coughing up on this one or find themselves out of the cup.

Bunch of arsholes Millwall fans are, shame we couldn't just delete the club permanently out of our leagues.

Oh yes.

My league football scores checking every weekend goes:

Sun'lun - obvious

MK Dons - hope they got well beaten

Millwall - hope they got well beaten

Grimsby - hope they did ok

Massive police presence for Millwall visit

HUNDREDS of police officers swamped the streets around Fratton Park last night for the FA cup clash between Havant and Waterlooville and Millwall.

And the visiting team lived up to its reputation when a brawl broke in Smiffy's Bar, Goldsmith Avenue, before the match.

The pub was set up by a police for away-fans only in a bid to stop the fighting.

A worker said: 'The police asked if we would open the pub to away fans, even though it annoyed some Pompey regulars. It was all going fine and then there was two fans toe-to-toe in front of the bar.

'It all kicked off for a while.'

Staff broke up the fight and police emptied the pub before leading the 500-strong crowd down Goldsmith Avenue to the stadium.

Rows of officers marched them, flanked by more officers on bikes and six police vans. Pedestrians were forced to find other paths.

Wendy Dougherty, 62, from Portsmouth, said officers were a welcome sight, adding: 'Millwall have a bad reputation and the police did an excellent job of controlling them - it was my first time at Fratton Park and I felt very safe.'

But many Hawks supporters were surprised by the sheer number of police.

Alan Chandler, 33, from Havant, said: 'I haven't seen anything like this since Pompey played Southampton - it is totally ridiculous.

'There are more police than fans.'

During the evening seven people were arrested, four home supporters and three Millwall fans. There were several incidences of public disorder and one man was arrested for assault.

Three people were also thrown out of the ground.

The Hawks had been forced to move the match from West Leigh Park after police said it was too risky to host the match at such a small ground.

And the club as hosts were slapped with a £35,000 policing bill, which threatens to plunge it into hardship after just 5,793 tickets were sold - almost 2,000 short of their break-even target.

Hawks secretary Trevor Brock said: 'There were 511 Millwall supporters and everybody who was here saw a small, little corner of the ground surrounded by loads and loads of policemen - if they think that's £35,000 well spent I have to disagree.

'The intelligence 10 days ago was 2,500 would travel when they set the categorisation, somebody somewhere got it wrong.'

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=455&ArticleID=1875595

Playing it in Pompey was the main mistake i reckon. Hence the police over-reacting, probably though Pompey would be after some trouble with the Millwall lot. If they'd played it in Havant it probably would of been alright, failing that surely they could of switched the tie back to New Den if Havant's ground was unacceptable.

Can't see it kicking off with Havant & Waterlooville like, no matter who they played.

Millwall have got this big reputation but their away support could travel on a skateboard.

Its because of Millwalls long standing (donkeys years) rivalry with Portsmouth who have equally as many nutters a Millwall do.