Ashley is worth about 800 million now...

Parky

Newcastle United is worth around £150 mill, how much of that will we spend?

Ashley is worth £800 mill, but its not cash he have i assume.

Its assets.

If you've got assests of 800m on paper any bank will lend you upto x2.5 that amount. So whether it is cash or not isn't an issue.

I think we're prepared to make small signings of players that we feel are good value. How many of those are around is anyone's guess though.

Also, the signings we do make will be considered by a lot of our fans to be the kind that we shouldn't be considering.

The best hope we have is to offer Premier League reserves first-team football, or to unearth younger players that are much lesser known. Not sure we have the ability to do that though.

Newcastle United is worth around £150 mill, how much of that will we spend?

Ashley is worth £800 mill, but its not cash he have i assume.

Its assets.

If you've got assests of 800m on paper any bank will lend you upto x2.5 that amount. So whether it is cash or not isn't an issue.

Take the Liverpool/Manu route then.

Newcastle United is a part of he`s assets.

I rather see we sign some decent CCC players(total £3-4mill), get promoted.

What happens in the summer is unknown, but it doesen look to bright.

I just not want us to start borrowing money on the club again...

The last thing we want to do is saddle the club with masses of debt to buy short term success. We've been down that road before, it leads into the shit.

If people (rightly) hate Ashley now, it would be nuclear meltdown if it emerged he'd saddled us with another £50m debt, surely.

Yeah, any spending will no doubt have to come from whatever the club can generate, as it would seem Ashley's annual £20 million sub has already gone in to make up the shortfall in income vs outgoings (mostly the wage bill, huge by CCC standards though much reduced from last season).

Guest Stephen927

I think everybody already knows the answer to this question. Ashley has already said he wouldn't put in anymore than he had to, though there is a slim chance this might have changed since he took the club off the market...

I think he's made his position clear. He's prepared to subsidise the club to the tune of £20 million a year. Beyond that, the club has to balance its own books.

How much of that £20 million would be available for transfers is anyone's guess. Obviously it all depends on how much is swallowed up by wages etc. But I suspect the transfer budget at this point is small - £2 or 3 million tops.

I think he's made his position clear. He's prepared to subsidise the club to the tune of £20 million a year. Beyond that, the club has to balance its own books.

How much of that £20 million would be available for transfers is anyone's guess. Obviously it all depends on how much is swallowed up by wages etc. But I suspect the transfer budget at this point is small - £2 or 3 million tops.

How about after promotion?

How about after promotion?

well then hopefully the clubs financial position will allow money to be spent without ashley having to put his hand in his pocket

We're starting to look as though we might not be as nailed on for promotion as we think. So Ashley won't risk saddling us with Premier League players (and wages) until we're definitely up. So not a lot will happen in January.