Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

• 5 months later...

Gateshead have gone part time as well. :lol:

Shows how shit he is.

He’s signing ‘cos he’s decidedly this is where he wants to raise his family not the money at Gateshead. Don’t know what else he’s got planned but I’ll not knock him for deciding this is home.

He's a good bloke, and likes the North-East, hope it goes well for him at Gateshead.

Genuine question; is there anywhere else that keeps non-locals as hooked? Feels like Newcastle is really unique for that, or I just don't pay enough attention to other regions.

He's a good bloke, and likes the North-East, hope it goes well for him at Gateshead.

Genuine question; is there anywhere else that keeps non-locals as hooked? Feels like Newcastle is really unique for that, or I just don't pay enough attention to other regions.

It’s cheap.

The place definitely has a charm, IMO

He would’ve been remembered well if we were run like a good club. Could’ve been a solid 3rd then 4th centerback for two or three years after promotion before being pushed out.

It’s cheap.

It's not really. There are some really cheap places in the north east but it's unlikely he'd be living there.

The best parts of Newcastle, Northumberland, Tyne valley, Tynemouth etc would be expensive compared to comparable parts of other cities and counties.

He only started playing well when Pardew told him to find a new club. Fuck him and Pardew.

Obviously because he's a British player means that he can't possibly be unmotivated to put in the extra effort to improve.

It’s cheap.

It's not really. There are some really cheap places in the north east but it's unlikely he'd be living there.

The best parts of Newcastle, Northumberland, Tyne valley, Tynemouth etc would be expensive compared to comparable parts of other cities and counties.

The homes in the North East arn’t that cheap. Homes in Doncaster where my dad lives are cheaper, however the overall cost of living here is cheaper.

He only started playing well when Pardew told him to find a new club. Fuck him and Pardew.

Obviously because he's a British player means that he can't possibly be unmotivated to put in the extra effort to improve.

Nonsense. He was fine in the Championship.  I don't think it was a lack of effort from him, he just wasn't a good PL player

I disagree with this being a nice guy thing. I can't remember the exact details but I remember in an interview he was asked what he felt about the abuse being hurled at pardew in the stadium and he pretty much said (and I'm paraphrasing as it was so long ago) that he wasn't bothered what the fans shouted. I appreciate it was in text and so I could have taken it out of context (and I freely admit that during pardew's reign anyone who even seemed to side with him immediately irritated me) but it really came across to me as being said in a blasé couldn't-care-less-what-the-fans-think way.

Nonsense. He was fine in the Championship.  I don't think it was a lack of effort from him, he just wasn't a good PL player

I was talking about his good spell that he had in the PL.  :rolleyes: