Commentators

Astroblack

Are there any that you actually like? I like a few of 'em like Jon Champion, Robbie Earle, Efan Ekoku and Martin Tyler but it seems like a lot of you hate them all.

One I can't stand is this guy off Gol TV, he's from Newcastle, too.

Oh my god.

Guest firetotheworks

I actually Like Martin Tyler, just not Andy Gray.

I like the commentator who works for the BBC, he was the voice of Football Italia for years, he keeps his opinions to himself most of the time, he's good.

I actually Like Martin Tyler, just not Andy Gray.

I like the commentator who works for the BBC, he was the voice of Football Italia for years, he keeps his opinions to himself most of the time, he's good.

I hate that guy, especially when he's commentating by himself. He's always got gaps in his commentating. Sometimes a whole minute goes by without him saying anything at all.

Mark Bright! :frantic:

You know that bit in 1984 where he says "if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever"? If that face belonged to Mark Bright, then the future sounds alright, tbh.

There's nothing worse than poor coverage. It spoils to the game. The commentators can play an important role on how good a match is. Could you imagine watching a 10 goal thriller with Jacqui Oatley screaming like an 8 year old. It would drive me up the fucking wall.

There's nothing worse than poor coverage. It spoils to the game. The commentators can play an important role on how good a match is. Could you imagine watching a 10 goal thriller with Jacqui Oatley screaming like an 8 year old. It would drive me up the fucking wall.

Depends. Why is she screaming? :shifty:

Right...here's my fave football commentators.

David Coleman-Would even bring life to a dull nil-nil.Every important match,well live ones mainly,the BBC would give him the job,after Wolstenholme retired.Had the perfect commentating voice.

Barry Davies- Same mould as Coleman really,but with a tad of humour also.Far better than Motson,who he played second string to.

Brian Moore-Another with a great commentating voice.

On the radio-Peter Jones stands out,his reporting of the Hillsborough situation really did bring hairs up on your neck,and apparently,the emotion of that day led to his death,he never got over seeing what he did.

Honourable shouts to Alan Parry,Ian Darke and Gerald Sinstadt.

I proper love Ian Darke.  He took a break from football commentary for a number of years so whenever I hear him it reminds me of the 1993/94 season and also boxing.  He sounds like he's well into it and seems to know his stuff.  Love Ian Darke, me.

Depends. Why is she screaming? :shifty:

She's just seen the China captain.

Gray's a twat, and the 'Sky era' is a loathesome term... but Tyler/Gray adds some kind of sentimentality to the game in this country - by far and away the best partnership. I can't imagine watching my Howay 5-0 video without them two on it. Ian Darke from Sky is decent aswell.

BBC's and ITV's line-ups are generally piss-poor. John Champion on ITV is probably the best but Tyldsley and Drury always seem to get first dibs. BBC have got literally no one tbh.