Commentators

Astroblack

Gray's a twat, and the 'Sky era' is a loathesome term... but Tyler/Gray adds some kind of sentimentality to the game in this country - by far and away the best partnership. I can't imagine watching my Howay 5-0 video without them two on it. Ian Darke from Sky is decent aswell.

BBC's and ITV's line-ups are generally piss-poor. John Champion on ITV is probably the best but Tyldsley and Drury always seem to get first dibs. BBC have got literally no one tbh.

JP isn't so bad.Remember his commentaries on England games when he was on Channel 5...biased as fuck."Go on Gazza!Skin him!",I remember him screaming one game. :lol:

Andy Gray would be a good pundit, if he'd only put a lid on his incessant ranting about referees and stick to talking about the football.

Of the old commentators, Brian Moore was the best IMO. The current crop talk too much. I end up getting irritated and watch a lot of games with the sound turned off.

Guest firetotheworks

I might be a c***, but I think Lawrenson is mostly fine nowadays.

Definitely. He has been for the last few seasons imo.

I like Gray. I don't agree with what he says all the time, but he's better than most. Anythign other then than fan zone shite on sky anyway.

I've always thought Derek Rae (ESPN US and International) was well-informed, very clear and just generally good at his work.

I liked him too. Him and Tommy Smyth and his onion bag. They were really enthusiastic and made the game feel a bit more epic than it was.

Was bummed when they switched from ESPN to FSC, because we only get some crappy solo commentary on Euro games. There's nothing worse than solo commentary. 

I've always thought Derek Rae (ESPN US and International) was well-informed, very clear and just generally good at his work.

I liked him too. Him and Tommy Smyth and his onion bag. They were really enthusiastic and made the game feel a bit more epic than it was.

Was bummed when they switched from ESPN to FSC, because we only get some crappy solo commentary on Euro games. There's nothing worse than solo commentary. 

Oooh, saucy!

Two peoples divided by a common language

;)

Barry Davies - brilliant. knowledgable but without being crap and patronising like Motson who for some reason always was rated higher than him.

quite like peter brackley - did he do the fifa, or was he pro evolution?