Commentators

Astroblack

The guy who does the BBC website commentary is hilarious, did Pro Evo a few years ago. Absolute s**** mind

Peter Brackley- he used to commentate on Football Italia as well (from a basement in London!)

I think he's spot on.

Ray Hudson. Man, learning English was worth it just for him.

i watched the bilbao-madrid match the other day and he was commentating. mental bloke, went on about guti the whole game even though he was on the bench.

good accent though...

Ray Hudson. Man, learning English was worth it just for him.

i watched the bilbao-madrid match the other day and he was commentating. mental bloke, went on about guti the whole game even though he was on the bench.

good accent though...

Aye. :lol: He loves him, man.

Oh, and from Spain my favorite is Joaquim Maria Puyal, the first to broadcast a Barça game in Catalan and still doing so 30 years later, every week (except when he had surgery ten years ago). It's customary between oldschool fans to carry a radio at Camp Nou and listen to him while you watch the game. The guy is *intense*, and some of the most historic moments of Barcelona (Koeman's goal at Wembley for example) are forever linked to his voice.

Then there's Julio Maldonado "Maldini", who's made color commentary for La Ser, C+, etc... guy's a living football encyclopedia. They used to run a section at half time where people would phone in and ask about the most obscure footballers and he would know which club they played, the position, how the season was going for them, etc... He was the foreign football expert in their network, and the guy that got me interested in English football in the first place.

The late Andrés Montes was very fun to listen to. He was actually a NBA commentator that was hired to do La Liga for Gol TV when it started in Spain. He knew fuck all about football (understandably), and he narrated the games like he did the NBA, which was pretty colorful.

Nowadays I also listen a lot to Joan Maria Pou for RAC 1 Radio at Catalonia. He is just decent I'd say, but I like his style, humorous but professional.

Then there's Julio Maldonado "Maldini", who's made color commentary for La Ser, C+, etc... guy's a living football encyclopedia. They used to run a section at half time where people would phone in and ask about the most obscure footballers and he would know which club they played, the position, how the season was going for them, etc... He was the foreign football expert in their network, and the guy that got me interested in English football in the first place.

We should have a program like that but instead of Julio, we could have Ronaldo.

No one, and I mean no one, is worse than JP Dellacamera (USA ESPN/ABC). MLS sucks to begin with, but he makes it unbearable.

Positively, every time I have tried to get into MLS he makes it harder. How he pronounces "Juan Pablo Ángel" as "One Pablo Angel" for some reason always pisses me off. Try and get the names of your players right.

No one, and I mean no one, is worse than JP Dellacamera (USA ESPN/ABC). MLS sucks to begin with, but he makes it unbearable.

Positively, every time I have tried to get into MLS he makes it harder. How he pronounces "Juan Pablo Ángel" as "One Pablo Angel" for some reason always pisses me off. Try and get the names of your players right.

No way, Max Bretos (from Fox Soccer) is far worse than Dellacamera, even Sullivan is worse than Dellacamera.

As a main commentator the only one I can cope with is Jonathon Pearce, altho everyone else in the universe seem to despise him. As a co-commentator I really like Graham Taylor on 5live, but the worst in the history of co-commentating is Stan Collymore. With Bright/Claridge close behind.

I like Tyler and Gray, even if Gray is a cunt. I Like Barry Davies too, for osme reason he reminds we of the FA cup. I cant listen to Jonathan Pearce without thinking of Sergeant Bash or Sir Killalot destroying some piece of metal and for some strange reason Ian Gwyn Hughes's voice from match of the day fills me with rage, I dont mind Mick Lowes on BBC Newcastle either.

Jonathan Pearce? Fucking hell. He's one of the worst. Just talks complete rubbish. He starts sentences without knowing how to finish them. He also licks Man U's ringpiece. Horrible, horrible man.