Pick one player signed by Newcastle United for money...

Howaythelads

... who turned out to be shite at the time, but who would be far too good for us now and who probably wouldn't even talk to the club since Fat Ash showed (most people) what shit really is.

The list is endless of course. We even have a player apparently turning us down in favour of the one-eyed retards down the road at the Village of the Damned.

How often did that happen before Fat Ash?

I reckon if you put together all the money we spent on these players in the thread so far you'd have enough to buy the club.

We're probably still paying for half of them.

We're probably still paying the managers who signed them.

I reckon if you put together all the money we spent on these players in the thread so far you'd have enough to buy the club.

You're just grumpy 'cos you prefer a board that doesn't sign players at all.

I'd prefer this board to sign no players at all if the ones we are signing are anything to go by.

So right... you mean... they signed for us for a big wageslip - were shite for us - but would be good for us now?

The vast majority of players in the last 12 years probably conform to that.

No, players who were shite for us but would be TOO good for us now and wouldn't talk to the club. It's in the first post. Just read it. Even mandiarse managed it.

I'd prefer this board to sign no players at all if the ones we are signing are anything to go by.

You have a point...

I said that when Souness was manager but was shouted down for it by his rentboys.